Ordering in suite MDR questions

Kraatosgow

First time in a grand suite on an upcoming cruise and to my understanding I can order food from the MDR to be delivered to our suite. Is there set times I have to place my order or any time during the hours they are open? Can I schedule a time for it to be delivered and do I need to be in the room at time of delivery? Attempting to maximize our time and take advantage of not having to sit in the MDR for hours.

Personally, I would ask the Suites Concierge to handle the order for you.  Over the years I have had awful experiences with trying to order myself.  I just never seem to get through on the phone.  I found that taking a written order to the Suites Concierge and having them place the order is the most efficient way to handle it.

Yes, you must plan your meal around normal MDR operating hours but the Concierge can place the order anytime. Important !!!  Be sure and include EVERYthing you want in your order.  They will bring exactly what you ask for and nothing more.  If you want bread/dinner rolls, butter, jelly, salt/pepper, water, coffee, sugar, cream, ice…anything like that, you must ask for it.

Enjoy room service.  It’s a lovely perk !

@Kraatosgow @WAAAYTOOO is exactly right, let the Suite Concierge do it for you. 

I usually did it sometime the day I wanted dinner and told them what time I wanted it delivered.  I would expect it could shows up about 15 minutes either way of the specified time.  Mine have alway been just a little after the time and has always been warm both cruises for me.

Not to sidetrack this thread….but I just read the Blog article about booking suites.

Is it true that Oasis and Quantum Sky Class passengers cannot order complimentary room service from the MDR ?  I don’t think I have ever tried that but I certainly always thought you could if you wanted to.

31 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not to sidetrack this thread….but I just read the Blog article about booking suites.

Is it true that Oasis and Quantum Sky Class passengers cannot order complimentary room service from the MDR ?  I don’t think I have ever tried that but I certainly always thought you could if you wanted to.

I ordered it when I was in a 2br GS on Allure.