Guarantee Assignments

Just because it keeps getting asked often, I figured I'd report on our "Guarantee" assignments.

First of all, right now, I am posting from my stateroom desk onboard Celebrity Infinity, somewhere just south of the Equator in the Atlantic, having left Salvador, Brazil yesterday and heading for the Canary Islands next, en route to Lisbon, Portugal.  After that, we're headed to Barcelona to board the Symphony of the Seas for a Western Med cruise.

We are booked on Quantum of the Seas for August 21--so a little over 4 months away.  We booked three cabins with "Unobstructed Balcony Guarantees" (Yes, you can get those without the possibility of getting stuck with an obstructed view.  Of course, you pay a little more).  I've been checking the website for cabin assignments on a regular basis...and they finally came up yesterday...so 128 days prior to embarkation.  Of course, from my experience, cabin assignments can come up anywhere from immediately after booking all the way to just days before the cruise.  Once we got a cabin assigned AT THE PIER upon check-in.

We ended up with #13626 and our daughters (and son-in-law and other daughters' "guest") got #13664 and #13668.  All three are unobstructed category 1D balcony cabins, near the midship elevators on Deck 13, all on the Starboard side...the daughters cabins have one other cabin between them, just aft of the elevators and ours is just forward of the elevators.  So, Royal Caribbean DID place all three in fairly close proximity and the location on the ship is pretty good--though I rather would have a deck other than 13 with cabins above and below.  Deck 13 puts us just below the "Noodle Shop" and the girls below "Coastal Kitchen".  Hopefully the noise is limited.