Single person

Alonelymom

I'm a single woman to grown children and desperately need a vacation. I'm looking to make other single grown adults. I do everything by myself, my friends are either married or live out of state and don't have the interests I do. I did a cruise end of January with 2 of my daughters and want to go again. I do absolutely hate that I have to pay double because no one wants to go on a cruise! I'm an adrenaline junkie and love a good adventure, but treasure me/quiet time.

Looking forward to meeting other like minded people!

Katherine 

There are cabins on some ships designed for only one person that can be less expensive.  Also from time to time Royal doesn't charge the full 200% single supplement.  

I cruise solo often and I'm solo more compared to cruising with friends and family.  Cruising solo is a great way to get out there, vacation, travel, see the world but still have the safety from travelling in numbers.  

Some travel agents can be helpful finding deals for solo cruisers.  Finding the single deals is an art in itself.  

If you are looking to share a cabin that's a different matter.  At my age I enjoy the privacy that comes with having my own cabin.  I have friends my age who also cruise solo but we tend to be like minded and choose to sail solo in our own separate cabins on the same cruise.  

However if you can find someone that doesn't mind sharing a cabin that can be a good way to cruise at a lower cost but you'll want to ensure you are compatible otherwise sharing such close space for days can lead to a not so enjoyable vacation. 

Thank you for the advice. I'm a solo person so unless the man of my dreams falls from the sky, I'm good in a room by myself. My best friend could go with me, but I quit traveling with her because her snoring keeps me awake and she has weight induced health problems so she can't do anything and I'm a go and do person.

I've never used a travel agent for any of my vacations and wouldn't even know where to start.