My Time Dining...or Traditional?

We are excited about taking our second Royal Cruise this summer. I signed up first for "My TIme" Dining for this cruise, thinking 8:00 would work great, but now that I've booked our onboard entertainment, I see that there is a conflict with that time for 3 of our evening meals. (On our first Royal cruise, we had "Traditional Dining", so our meal was early, 5:30, I believe.) I got a little anxious when I read a few reviews about MTD issues with getting a table, if you have to change your reservation time. I even called my travel agent, and she said it is easy to change MTD the day of the reservation. I can't see an option to try to change back to "Traditional Dining" on my planning page, and I'm hoping I haven't made a big boo-boo, as I also linked/reserved for my older brother and his wife, and they love eating in the main dining room. I would really appreciate any tips or advice. Maybe I'm worried about nothing. 

We had a wonderful time on our first cruise, and I'm hoping this one will be great as well.

Thank you! 

Lisa 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I have My Time dining on a cruise coming up in two weeks.  The ship is Ovation of the Seas.  My girlfriend and I prefer My Time and never experienced a wait more than 10 to 15 minutes on two previous sailing.  Now granted we didn't dine in the MDR every night, so maybe that's why we didn't experience wait times.  On both sailings the person at the booth allowed us to reserve a time earlier in the day, and we were seated shortly after arriving.  So I'm not sure why people end up waiting so long?  Could it also be that we are only a party of two?