"The Key" benefits on my upcoming cruise

I just wanted some clarification for my upcoming cruise on Ovations of the Seas on May 2nd. It's been many many years since I have last cruised and have a lot of questions!

Based on the itinerary, it seems the ship is sailing at 9pm. I have yet to check in, but will do so later on this week. With priority access to the terminal on Day 1, how early can I actually board?

The exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room - Is this on Day 2 if we're not boarding early in the day on Day 1?

Which activities beyond Rock Climbing and FlowRider will there be private time available for? (from what I have read, it seems these will generally be at undesirable times like early morning) Are the North Star and Ripcord by iFly also included in this? When would they let us know when those private times will be and would we have to book in advance?

On disembarkation day, how early is the a la carte breakfaste open and how quickly would we get off the ship if the itinerary says 6am arrival? (both with and without The Key)

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you in advance for all of the help here!

image.png.73f471624feca45d5fed136e550678fd.png

You still need to get a check in time. the earlier the better. The " Key Lunch" is only on embarkation day. It is a limited "chop" menu served in a section of the Main dining room. They stop serving approximately 1330 I believe. If you arrive later in the day it might not be available.

There will be a welcome letter in your stateroom listing the "the Key Times" for those activities. Based on your personal schedule, the times may not work out for you.

If there is something you really want to do or try, reserve it once on board. If the Key times work in your favor then cancel other reservations, if not , you won't miss out.

There should be crew at I-fly sign in kiosk, same with flow rider during embarkation.

The paid reservations for I-fly provide a longer time "flying"

The disembarkation breakfast is in a section of the main dining room. the menu is very good IMHO. It usually opens around 6:30 (ymmv).  Disembark at your leisure.

Earliest disembark with or without the Key would probably be 0700ish.

7 hours ago, RCIFanatic said:

Based on the itinerary, it seems the ship is sailing at 9pm. I have yet to check in, but will do so later on this week. With priority access to the terminal on Day 1, how early can I actually board?

The exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room - Is this on Day 2 if we're not boarding early in the day on Day 1?

This seems to be one of the sailings that has a late departure from the port.  This happens in Vancouver due to timing the tides and passage at the Lions Gate bridge.  The time of departure here is because likely because they barely have to sail to get over to the next stop and Royal is also selling excursions in HNL.  Expect boarding times and processes to start at or near the "normal" times, it is just the ship will not sail away until the evening.  You will be able to board and have lunch as you expect.  You might even be able to have dinner and a show before sail away.   

10 hours ago, michaelp1446 said:

You still need to get a check in time. the earlier the better. The " Key Lunch" is only on embarkation day. It is a limited "chop" menu served in a section of the Main dining room. They stop serving approximately 1330 I believe. If you arrive later in the day it might not be available.

There will be a welcome letter in your stateroom listing the "the Key Times" for those activities. Based on your personal schedule, the times may not work out for you.

If there is something you really want to do or try, reserve it once on board. If the Key times work in your favor then cancel other reservations, if not , you won't miss out.

There should be crew at I-fly sign in kiosk, same with flow rider during embarkation.

The paid reservations for I-fly provide a longer time "flying"

The disembarkation breakfast is in a section of the main dining room. the menu is very good IMHO. It usually opens around 6:30 (ymmv).  Disembark at your leisure.

Earliest disembark with or without the Key would probably be 0700ish.

Hrmm.. That's unfortunate. We may not be able to make it for the Key Lunch then if it's on embarkation day and ends at 1330. We arrive at around 1350 from our flight and probably won't get to the cruise closer to 1500-1600.

We'll make sure to book everything on embarkation day so we can have our entire trip scheduled.

Perfect, thank you for the rest of the information. Appreciated!

8 hours ago, Xaa said:

On Anthem for IFly and NorthStar they had several reservation slots available to The Key People.  After boarding go to where they take reservations for them, tell them you have The Key and they will let you know a handful of times for each.  You can pick one

Good to know, thank you!!

8 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

This seems to be one of the sailings that has a late departure from the port.  This happens in Vancouver due to timing the tides and passage at the Lions Gate bridge.  The time of departure here is because likely because they barely have to sail to get over to the next stop and Royal is also selling excursions in HNL.  Expect boarding times and processes to start at or near the "normal" times, it is just the ship will not sail away until the evening.  You will be able to board and have lunch as you expect.  You might even be able to have dinner and a show before sail away.   

Yes, it's departing from Hawaii and the cruise disembarks at Vancouver. Do you know how early we would be able to board on embarkation day?