Port of Galveston

jsheldon81

On 3/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, ChessE4 said:

Yes, we stayed at holiday inn beach resort and took shuttle to port while car was left. Royal has a package but I think it's cheaper to book directly with hotel. Please see thread on all things galveston.

@ChessE4  do you recommend the holiday inn vacation beach resort? We won’t arrive from our flight (from Bush) until late night before sailing. We’ll be looking for a hot meal (Uber/Lyft and a clean sleep:-).   I read reviews saying property is isolated. Also read to expect high pressure vacation property sales pitch.
First time at the Galveston port. I don’t want to spend dinner hour or any other time on a vacation property sales pitch. Is this the same property on 11743 Termini-San Luis Pass Road? TIA

10 hours ago, MamaShark said:

@ChessE4  do you recommend the holiday inn vacation beach resort? We won’t arrive from our flight (from Bush) until late night before sailing. We’ll be looking for a hot meal (Uber/Lyft and a clean sleep:-).   I read reviews saying property is isolated. Also read to expect high pressure vacation property sales pitch.
First time at the Galveston port. I don’t want to spend dinner hour or any other time on a vacation property sales pitch. Is this the same property on 11743 Termini-San Luis Pass Road? TIA

No, this is the one at 5002 Seawall.  We purchased the package with Royal, but I believe we overpaid -- saw the invoice price for the room when we checked in, and the hotel received much less than we paid.  Therefore, I think the better deal is to contact them directly.  Seawall is the road next to the beach.  There is a hotel restaurant with live music at night, breakfast buffet costs about $15-18, but you can walk to other restaurants.  I'd say it's 1.5 to 2 miles from Port.

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston--On the Beach.

It isn't brand new, but it is maintained adequately.  There are several other hotels on Seawall, some closer to the port.

6 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

There are several other hotels on Seawall, some closer to the port.

6 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

No, this is the one at 5002 Seawall.  We purchased the package with Royal, but I believe we overpaid -- saw the invoice price for the room when we checked in, and the hotel received much less than we paid.  Therefore, I think the better deal is to contact them directly.  Seawall is the road next to the beach.  There is a hotel restaurant with live music at night, breakfast buffet costs about $15-18, but you can walk to other restaurants.  I'd say it's 1.5 to 2 miles from Port.

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston--On the Beach.

It isn't brand new, but it is maintained adequately.  There are several other hotels on Seawall, some closer to the port.

@ChessE4 ahhhh.  Thanks for the clarification and helpful info.  I’m struggling with the difference of hotel options in Galveston as opposed to Florida accommodations. Of course — apples to oranges compounded by my procrastination and booking this close to the stay. I was also trying not to use my Marriott points for such a short overnight  stay, but now that reasonable options are sold out I’m reconsidering the Tremont again.
Prices are ridiculous, but we’ll hopefully cut some our losses by paying less for private transportation  if we were closer to restaurants, cruise port etc. (we’re active seniors, but not up for hiking😉)  I’m super glad I saw your post and we didn’t get lured in a time share trap🥲