Picturesque Walking and Tastring Tour

jce2

My wife and I signed up for this excursion in Cozumel.  Today I was looking at it again and noticed the following statement "THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD. "  Of particular note was the statement was entirely capitalized.  I have not seen this disclaimer on any other excursion.  I am probably being over-sensitive but this is our very first cruise, and this would be our very first excursion so it sort of sets the tone.  I haven't been able to find a single review anywhere!

If I'm reading that sentence right, all that means is that the tour operator is eco-friendly and has been certified for some standard, like not damaging the environment that you'll be walking through or making sure to leave the area free of litter / waste / other materials that would be problematic.

16 hours ago, JLMoran said:

If I'm reading that sentence right, all that means is that the tour operator is eco-friendly and has been certified for some standard, like not damaging the environment that you'll be walking through or making sure to leave the area free of litter / waste / other materials that would be problematic.

That's correct. If nothing else, just means your tour operator is extra good at what they do.

This is a fairly recent change: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/10/royal-caribbean-celebrates-sustainable-shore-excursion-milestone