Dragons tail coaster

cruisefam86

2 hours ago, cruisefam86 said:

How strict are they on the minimum age of 5? My son is a very tall 4 year old he’s been over 38 inches since he was 3 and would love to ride it!

Very strict. They are associated with the cruise line and will have his age and won’t issue a ticket or wrist band for him to ride.

I too had boys that were extremely tall (one son is now 6'4").  I had the opposite problem where people would expect more from the boys because they thought they were older.  I even had 1 parent come up to me to ask if my son had a disability because he was having trouble keeping up with her sons, who were 3 years older.  GEE!  

I rather a child is measured by their height and weight instead of their age.  

52 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

I too had boys that were extremely tall (one son is now 6'4").  I had the opposite problem where people would expect more from the boys because they thought they were older.  I even had 1 parent come up to me to ask if my son had a disability because he was having trouble keeping up with her sons, who were 3 years older.  GEE!  

Me too! At least for things like this where being the correct height is most important. I would never try to do anything that would bring harm to my child. 

They are very strict for liability reasons for both height and age restrictions. If they made an exception for your son, they would have to grant everyone else an exception. Plus having the ability to make exceptions puts the decision making on the Lebadee staff. It’s easier to make a hard policy that everyone has to follow. 

1 hour ago, FireFishII said:

Same on the tall kids. My oldest has been six inches taller than his peers since he was about three years old. He’s 15 and 6’2” now, so we got a lot of people looking for different behavior from what they thought was a much older child. 

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

They are very strict for liability reasons for both height and age restrictions. If they made an exception for your son, they would have to grant everyone else an exception. Plus having the ability to make exceptions puts the decision making on the Lebadee staff. It’s easier to make a hard policy that everyone has to follow. 

I totally agree that they need to be strict for liability reasons.  However, I do have a problem when they use age as a requirement instead of using weight and height.  That is the way any amusement park handles their rides.  I have even seen them use both minimum and maximum on a person's height.

Back when my son was young, car seats only had an age restriction.  My son outgrew his car seat over a year before.  I had to move him into a booster seat early because the car seat would not have protected him.  Today's car seats come with a height and weight restrictions.  My grandson still had issues because while he met the height restrictions to flip the car seat to forward facing, he was still under weight.  The problem was his knees were almost to his chest because of how tall he was.  So even height and weight restrictions can be wrong.