Atlantis Excursion -Time at Park

Sea Squirrel

Hello, we are trying to decide if we will have enough time to make a visit to Atlantis. Our ship arrives at 1:00 and all aboard is 7:30. The cruise planner description says the excursion departs at 2:00 and lasts 5 hrs. We called Shore Excursions and they confirmed the excursion is 5 hrs at the park and travel time is not part of that 5 hrs. That doesn’t sound right based on other RC excursions we’ve taken. Has anyone done this excursion that can confirm the time actually at Atlantis?

I agree that 5hrs is not worth it.

Timing does sound correct though will probably be even less time at Atlantis. The ship docks at 1, and will take some time to clear before passengers are cleared to leave. If your ticket says 2pm, and that is the meeting time, there will still be time spent to organize all the passengers, collect tickets, board busses etc. I've been to Atlantis twice, and the time spent on the pier prior to boarding busses has been at least 30 minutes each time. Once you actually get to the resort, it's a good 10+ minute walk to actually get to the water park area. I would bet its 3pm by the time you have butts in seats. The bus drivers will show you where to meet them for the return trip, and will say when the last bus departs, which will probably be 7pm, so you would need to start packing up and moving to that location at about 6:30. Will all of those little time subtractions you would probably have 3.5hrs at best to do slides etc, and that's assuming everything went super fast.