Bringing soda or water cases onboard

KristiZ

Just got our cruise docs for our March 5 departure and I noticed that bringing soda or water onboard during embarkation is no longer allowed. Curious if anyone else has seen this? Might just be a Barbados thing. I just wouldn't want anyone to be surprised by a change if this is a new direction:

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 mi per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail."

20 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Just got our cruise docs for our March 5 departure and I noticed that bringing soda or water onboard during embarkation is no longer allowed. Curious if anyone else has seen this? Might just be a Barbados thing. I just wouldn't want anyone to be surprised by a change if this is a new direction:

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 mi per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail."

I have the same verbiage for a sailing from NJ later this month. Looking back on ticketing booklets from 2022, the same statement is made there as well. Unless someone here says otherwise, I'm assuming the 12, up to 17 floz, non-alcoholic beverages on embarkation day are still allowed.