To Go from MDR with Low Sodium Diet

nerd502

My mom has a dietary restriction (low sodium diet) and was wondering if one of the nights of our cruise we’d be able to take our dinner from the MDR completely to go to our rooms with her dietary restriction being honored. Also, what would be the best way of going about that? I'd even be okay doing room service as long as I know her food is low sodium. I only ask because I know she wouldn’t go alone to the MDR aline and sometimes the sun really takes it out of me and I’ll be EXHAUSTED after Cococay! Any tips would be very appreciated! 

There's not a special needs link for low sodium that I know of, though C&A might be able to help.

For low sodium we ordinarily order the next night's dinner at the end of the current day's dinner. You should be able to include a request that it is for take-away. Additionally, if there is nothing on the menu she can eat one night the kitchen can ordinarily grill up a plain chicken breast or piece of salmon plus grilled or steamed veggies and baked potato. 

Side note: I highly recommend the Windjammer's pasta bar option for lunch and dinner as pasta is ordinarily sodlum-free and you can pick and choose the ingredients. I just ask the cook to put a lot of fresh chopped garlic and olive oil in instead of any of the sauces and it is a good meal. 

• 10 months later...
On 2/1/2023 at 1:17 PM, Riley said:

I just ask the cook to put a lot of fresh chopped garlic and olive oil in instead of any of the sauces and it is a good meal. 

We frequently do pasta that way at home; love it as much as my made from scratch sauce with meatballs. 😍

And nothing brings a pizza to life more than fresh garlic.