Need advice: Disembark /shuttle/ Galveston

Adventure of the seas. Silly me I thought the cruise shuttle would just be a van from our hotel, but it’s a bus that makes a circle. 
So if we miss the first bus at 830 am, it seems like the next chance is 10 am. A long time to stand at a bus stop. 
We will wheel our own bags. 
So any expert tips how to get off by 830 am. 
I guess we could just try Lyft too.
should we try to get to deck 3? 
thanks 

BTW super happy with Galveston otherwise. Lots of nice people in the city and on the cruise. 

29 minutes ago, Suzanne Elise said:

Silly me I thought the cruise shuttle would just be a van from our hotel, but it’s a bus that makes a circle. 
So if we miss the first bus at 830 am, it seems like the next chance is 10 am. A long time to stand at a bus stop. 
We will wheel our own bags. 
So any expert tips how to get off by 830 am. 
I guess we could just try Lyft too. 
thanks 

BTW super happy with Galveston otherwise. Lots of nice people in the city and on the cruise. 

Do the self-assist luggage and you'll be off in time.  In December we started disembarking about 7:30, sailed through the facial recognition, and walked around to the front of the terminal in just a few minutes.  Not sure if the hotel shuttle will be out front or out back, but you'll be notified.  My son's hotel shuttle was out front and he boarded by 8:30.  They typically wait a few minutes as guests straggle in across the road from the terminal to the bus parking.

34 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Hi, is this shuttle to a hotel or to the airport? I'd love to hear which company you selected and how it works out!

It was the hotel shuttle from the holiday Inn on the beach. We rented a car at Houston airport and stayed in Galveston for 2 nights. We loved it.

. I did join GalvestonSaltwater Moms facebook page and I know she does private car rides. 

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

Do the self-assist luggage and you'll be off in time.  In December we started disembarking about 7:30, sailed through the facial recognition, and walked around to the front of the terminal in just a few minutes.  Not sure if the hotel shuttle will be out front or out back, but you'll be notified.  My son's hotel shuttle was out front and he boarded by 8:30.  They typically wait a few minutes as guests straggle in across the road from the terminal to the bus parking.

Thank you!  I think our bus is at stop 6.  

15 minutes ago, Suzanne Elise said:

It was the hotel shuttle from the holiday Inn on the beach. We rented a car at Houston airport and stayed in Galveston for 2 nights. We loved it.

. I did join GalvestonSaltwater Moms facebook page and I know she does private car rides. 

The Saltwater Moms aren't available for my cruise - many of them taking their own vacations the same week. I've heard great things about them though!

2 hours ago, Suzanne Elise said:

We stayed at the same hotel and that was the shuttle our son took to his car at the hotel lot. So self assist should work for 830 departure out front. The airport buses left first at 815 and then hotel bus arrived in vacant bus slot.

4 hours ago, steverk said:

Please let me be sure I understand.  You're looking for a ride from the cruise terminal to one of the Holiday Inns on the island on January 28, 2023.

Is this correct?

It sounds to me like the Holiday Inn where they are staying post-cruise has a bus that picks up at the port and drops off at the hotel. But instead of being a direct van to the Holiday Inn, it is a shared bus (maybe between multiple hotels?) that does a big loop after the port and doesn't come back for an hour and a half. So they want to make sure they can catch the 8:30am bus direct off the ship instead of missing it and having to take the 10am (which is the next time it would loop back to the port stop). 

I think they are currently on the cruise - may have disembarked today? So she was asking if she'll be able to catch the 8:30am and how to get off as quickly as possible. 

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

It sounds to me like the Holiday Inn where they are staying post-cruise has a bus that picks up at the port and drops off at the hotel. But instead of being a direct van to the Holiday Inn, it is a shared bus (maybe between multiple hotels?) that does a big loop after the port and doesn't come back for an hour and a half. So they want to make sure they can catch the 8:30am bus direct off the ship instead of missing it and having to take the 10am (which is the next time it would loop back to the port stop). 

I think they are currently on the cruise - may have disembarked today? So she was asking if she'll be able to catch the 8:30am and how to get off as quickly as possible. 

Yes, that is why I explained what we did in December.  Self-assist was allowed to leave at 7:30 AM.

Hey Yall! Thanks for all of the replies.

It went fine although the morning went fast.

Yes the Holiday inn on the beach shuttle is a loop with a few stops,  and that loop takes a bit more than an hour.

So we were worried about getting off in time to catch the first bus. But we made it just fine.