Anthem of the Seas - Apr 28, 2024 - May 10, 2024 (12 Night Transatlantic Cruise)

TessOR

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Anthem of the Seas - Apr 28, 2024 - May 10, 2024 (12 Night Transatlantic Cruise)
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 7:10 AM, Dave Reeseg said:

On this cruise too.  I had kind of sticker shock when researching return flight from Heathrow to Newark.  I guess we will have to extend our vacation and visit Ireland where the return flights are more reasonable.

Glad to see someone else here finally!  Still a ways out, but since all the suites of any sort were taken when I booked, I thought there might be some early activity here. 

Still too far out to actually book so I am hoping the rates come down.  I am really hoping to add up enough points in air miles to get a free flight home though.  Using my United card for EVERYthing for the next 6 months! 

• 4 weeks later...

We are also on this trip and are staying on board for the Norway fjords trip also.  We are interested in visiting the beach’s of Normandy but so far have not found any cruise related tours.  We’re looking into booking a semi private tour like Viator or something similar.  If anyone would be interested or has any ideas on the best way to do the Normandy tour please share. most groups are 8 or less persons.   Have not done too much research on this but want to get an early start to see who might be interested.  By the way we did transatlantic in Nov and it was great

Jim/Karen

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Booked on this cruise yesterday. 

Flying over to the US from the UK a few days before, and plan on exploring the area a little bit. 

We are on a transatlantic this october from the UK to Barbados, on a UK cruise line. 

We have sailed, Disney, Princess, P & O and MSC 😩, so looking forward to seeing what Royal Caribbean is like 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, wiltsw said:

Hi All,

Booked on this cruise yesterday. 

Flying over to the US from the UK a few days before, and plan on exploring the area a little bit. 

I am still figuring out timelines.  We plan to do the Norway sailing that is 2 days after this one.  Would like to see a show in NY while we are traveling, but I have not decided whether to do it at the beginning of the vacation, or after we get back from Europe.  Any tips on things to do while we are in Southampton for a couple days?

On 5/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, Maddux said:

We are also on this trip and are staying on board for the Norway fjords trip also.  We are interested in visiting the beach’s of Normandy but so far have not found any cruise related tours.  We’re looking into booking a semi private tour like Viator or something similar.  If anyone would be interested or has any ideas on the best way to do the Normandy tour please share. most groups are 8 or less persons.

Jim/Karen

Haven't been on this board for a while, so sorry this is so late in response.  My hubby also wants to do something for Normandy.  I have chatted with others that have done this sailing and it seems RCL will post those much closer to when we sail.  Due to the distance, I am more inclined to book with the ship for this one, but there is a little group forming on FB that may get together with a private tour operator.  I will post here once more info is available.

2 hours ago, TessOR said:

I am still figuring out timelines.  We plan to do the Norway sailing that is 2 days after this one.  Would like to see a show in NY while we are traveling, but I have not decided whether to do it at the beginning of the vacation, or after we get back from Europe.  Any tips on things to do while we are in Southampton for a couple days?

If you like history or fancy seeing some really old ships I suggest riding the train to Portsmouth harbour and see the historic dockyard. 

They have the wreck of the Mary Rose (sank in the 1500s raised in the 80s) as well as HMS Victory which fought in the battle of trafalgar. 

Or there is the Seacity Museum which covers Southampton history , including the titanic  

Alternatively rent a car and go for a drive into the new forest (picturesque and lots of free roaming ponies)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 11:11 PM, wiltsw said:

They have the wreck of the Mary Rose (sank in the 1500s raised in the 80s) as well as HMS Victory which fought in the battle of trafalgar. 

Or there is the Seacity Museum which covers Southampton history , including the titanic  

Alternatively rent a car and go for a drive into the new forest (picturesque and lots of free roaming ponies)

You made my hubby's day.  Before I finished reading your note about Portsmouth, he asked if the Victory was there.  We will definitely do that!  I would be concerned about driving on the opposite side of the road :). I think we will be depending on Uber or Train!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, Dave Reeseg said:

On this cruise too.  I had kind of sticker shock when researching return flight from Heathrow to Newark.  I guess we will have to extend our vacation and visit Ireland where the return flights are more reasonable.

I’m also on board for Anthem’s TA B2B (after two nights in Southampton) with Norway Fjords cruise B2B with a Princess cruise.  And yes, you can book a multi city trip with Air Lingus, Lon to Dub, Dub to Ewr or any of their US cities for a low price and see Ireland, too!  May do the same after seeing family and friends.  We will be in Norway for Constitution Day on May 17th, too.  Looks like fun!  😊

On 7/27/2023 at 10:41 PM, TessOR said:

Also spending two days in Southampton.  On Saturday planning a day trip to Oxford, if my friend is still in school there, or to London.  Even if it rains, could still see the British Museum, or possibly a matinee concert followed by a nice tea.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With the price drops, we decided to go ahead and book the two-day Paris/LeHavre sailing after all.  This group has not been very active - hoping that changes as we get closer.  The 2nd time through LeHavre is 7am-10pm so I think we are going to rent a car and explore.  Has anyone been there before?

EXCURSIONS!  Christmas is over and I am getting antsy!  We have a good idea of what we want to do in Portugal and Spain, but Hubby is going off to explore Normandy from Le Havre on his own and I am looking at a couple of choices.  Any input on either the Honfleur and Deauville or Rouen tours?  I love impressionist painting and am leaning towards the H&D.   Is anyone else booking one of these?