Nassau Failed Cruisers??

Reading these comments is putting the fear in me! 😵‍💫 I am a first time cruiser and Nassau is one of the ports I've been most looking forward too! Is it possible to get off the ship and just walk to a beach? It will be myself, hubby and 2 kiddos (5 & 11). Or should we book a "tour" that just brings us to a beach? Any help or suggestions would be amazing and much appreciated! X

5 hours ago, AshB said:

Reading these comments is putting the fear in me! 😵‍💫 I am a first time cruiser and Nassau is one of the ports I've been most looking forward too! Is it possible to get off the ship and just walk to a beach? It will be myself, hubby and 2 kiddos (5 & 11). Or should we book a "tour" that just brings us to a beach? Any help or suggestions would be amazing and much appreciated! X

You can walk to Junkanoo Beach, but just be prepared to say "no thank you" firmly a lot along the way.

The benefit of a tour is you should be able to meet a guide and avoid anyone asking to "help" you.

14 hours ago, AshB said:

There are a few Youtube videos out there showing Junkanoo and how to get there.  Just search for Junkanoo and you'll find them.