Price change for adding C&A number

Hi 🙂 I booked a cruise durectly with RCCL and added my Crown & Anchor while booking the trip. But when checked the booking after paying my C&A number was not showing. So I added it again and then I got a notification that the change made the price go up. It was around $200 so it’s not an extreme price hike but I just want to know if this is normal?

In my experience it is better not to make any changes to reservations online, even if the system allows it. I've had this issue twice now, both times a call to customer service resolved it. 

First time, I added my C&A number, and even though the price didn't change, the onboard credit disappeared. Second time I updated my phone number, and that caused price of cruise to go from $2000 to $3400 beause somehow it removed all discounts. 

This happened to me but only when trying to re-price my booked cruise. I got all the way to the end and hit discounts and it was more $ than it was a few minutes prior. I have learned to get the best price, you want to put in all the discount codes right before you add in names. But if you think the cruise is cheaper than when you booked, the only way to change the price is to call and ask if there are any price adjustments on your room. Royal has a strange system.