When and where to be for my shore excursions

RickW

As a first time cruiser, I have booked 2 shore excursions for my upcoming cruise. It lists the start and end time (these are both RC booked excursions) but it doesn't tell me where to meet prior to departing the ship, or how much earlier than the listed start time that I need to be there. Any suggestions as to how and when I will be informed of this important information so I don't miss the excursions?

You'll find your excursion tour tickets in your stateroom on Day 1. They'll have more of those details. But usually the start time listed on the cruise planner will be the meeting time (we usually show up 10min before to be safe). If it's not a tender port, the meeting place will be after you debark. It could be on the pier just outside the ship or at the end of the pier. There will probably be large groups of people milling about waiting for their excursions so it should be easy to find the area. There will be someone holding a sign for each excursion. Check in with them, and they'll give you further (if any) instructions. If it's a tender port, I believe the excursion tickets will list where on the ship to meet.

For our Med cruise we always met in the theater, per our ticket, as stated above.  For our Western Caribbean cruise we met on the pier.  Usually, the pier is confusing, so there are representatives to point you in the right direction -- excursion names are often similar and you want to end up in the correct queue. Allow a few minutes after to reach the pier to walk to your muster point.