janderson

We have 6 people in our group.  2 of us like sushi the rest don’t.  We all have the unlimited dining package.  Does anyone know if you can get sushi from Izumi to go by calling in an order or going to the restaurant to order so you can take it to the pool deck?   Asking because the last time we were on the ship Izumi was constantly booked full and we couldn’t get a seat but we want sushi.  It’s an odd request but I thought maybe someone has tried.  

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It really depends on the ship; I believe this is possible on Oasis and maybe quantum class. I think you may be able to go to the Izumi host when you first board and ask if this is a possibility.

I will just go to Izumi to book all of my dining then so I can ask while I'm there.  It would be amazing if we could get Izumi room service.  I'd probably end up full and asleep instead of full walking it off.

13 minutes ago, janderson said:

I will just go to Izumi to book all of my dining then so I can ask while I'm there.  It would be amazing if we could get Izumi room service.  I'd probably end up full and asleep instead of full walking it off.

Izumi room service will not happen unless you sail Star Class. But being able to get takeout sushi should be fairly easy on most ships.

2 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

I know we got sushi to go on Independence just by walking in and ordering it for take out. I can't say with 100% certainty that's always the case on all ships, but I like your chances. 

Fantastic thank you for the hope that I can.  I didn’t see why it should be an issue but sometimes little things like that become a place where they follow the rules to the letter. 

Sushi to-go sounds like a fantastic idea! We have a late excursion one night so we'll miss our 5:30pm dinner reservation so maybe sushi can be our option that night?! Does anyone know if they ever try to accommodate you on missing your dining time by an hour or so?  I would guess they wouldn't but maybe it depends on how booked the ship is?  Thanks!

15 hours ago, Maggie M said:

Sushi to-go sounds like a fantastic idea! We have a late excursion one night so we'll miss our 5:30pm dinner reservation so maybe sushi can be our option that night?! Does anyone know if they ever try to accommodate you on missing your dining time by an hour or so?  I would guess they wouldn't but maybe it depends on how booked the ship is?  Thanks!

If you wanted to you could switch to "My time" dining then go online and book what time you want to be seated and let the head waiter know that day that you will be back late or I would just go talk to the head waiter once on the ship the first day to let them know and I'm sure they can accommodate you.