Port Canaveral - taking the "ride" to Disney/SeaWorld/Universal - where is the drop off?

MaryCS62

So - there's really nothing I want to do in Port Canaveral, but I'm taking 3 very similar cruises where that is the first port stop. I do have friends that live about an hour north of Orlando, so was thinking initially of renting a car to drive to Orlando & meet them there for a meal & visit, but between what I've heard about the current state of car rentals at the port, and the possible difficulty in getting one, I was thinking instead of taking one of the transportation excursions to Orlando, & having them pick us up there.  Problem is, other than Disney, I'm not sure where the drop off is, and obviously, I don't want them to have to pay for parking if they are just picking us up. I know Disney drops off at the TTC, but you can't get a bus from there to Disney Springs, (at least I don't think so), which would be the most convenient place to meet.

Also - I know if we are dropped off in the lot, we could always walk out of the parking area, but I have very bad knees, and while I will be using a scooter on the cruise, I wasn't planning on using it for this (if only for the problem of bringing it). 

Does anyone know "specifically" where the drop off is for either SeaWorld or Universal Studios is?

Thanks!!

If you prefer taking advantage of the Disney transfer, you can access a bus to Disney Springs by doing any of the following:

1. Walk from the TTC to the Polynesian bus stop (a very short walk) and catch the Disney Springs bus from there.

2. Take the resort monorail to any of the Magic Kingdom resorts and catch the Disney Springs bus from any of their bus areas.

3. Take either the resort or park monorail OR the ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom and catch the Disney Springs bus from the Magic Kingdom bus area.

4. Take the EPCOT monorail to EPCOT and catch the Disney Springs bus from EPCOT's bus area.

Note that all of the above are free transportation options. Any monorail or ferry transport requires a pass through security the buses do not.

4 hours ago, minniemouse27 said:

3. Take either the resort or park monorail OR the ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom and catch the Disney Springs bus from the Magic Kingdom bus area.

Disney no longer runs a bus to Disney Springs from the Magic Kingdom bus stop. Need to take from resorts. Found this out last month first hand. 😕

1 hour ago, michaelp1446 said:

Disney no longer runs a bus to Disney Springs from the Magic Kingdom bus stop. Need to take from resorts. Found this out last month first hand. 😕

Ahhh. I rarely go to Disney Springs (prefer to spend time in the parks instead of shopping!). I do know that you can get there from any of the MK resorts so option #1 and #2 would both work!

5 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

that 1st one might be an option - my preference is not to pay, as not going into the parks at all. Thanks for the info

All of the options are free. When I suggested going to MK or EPCOT you would be dropped off outside of the turnstiles.

All the buses, the monorail (resort/MK/EPCOT), MK ferry, boats between Hollywood Studios & EPCOT, boats from resorts to MK, EPCOT, or Hollywood Studios, and the Skyliner are all free at Disney. We used to joke when our now 21yo dd was 2yo that she would have been happy riding the parking tram back and forth all day. 🤣

On 1/3/2023 at 7:19 PM, barjpoe said:

What's the possibility of your friends driving the the Cape and eat at one of the restaurants near the pier?

Fishlips; Grills Seafood; Rising Tide & Table to name a few.

Haven't brought it up yet, as it's still far enough away that it's just the germ of an idea, plus then they have 2 hrs each way (which they may not mind, but not sure). If they offer, I'll certainly consider it.