What time would you book a flight for a cruise out of Seattle?

ArkmanNoah

I have my first Alaska cruise coming up in 2023. When I sail out of Port Canaveral, I usually don't book my flight after the cruise is over until after noon on the day we arrive. What time would you book a flight for a cruise arriving in Seattle? I want to make sure I give ourselves enough time to disembark from the ship and get to the airport. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

I've done two cruises out of Seattle and I wouldn't book before 11:30 to be safe. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to drive back to the airport. Last trip we were held up at a draw bridge for close to 20 minutes. Several people were sweating making their flights. I don't need that stress. Take advantage of the Port Valet service offered by the Port of Seattle. You check your bags through to your final destination straight from the ship. Biggest advantage is no over weight bag fees. 

It is 30 to 45 minutes to the airport.  The nice thing is they have a program where you can check in for your flight on the ship and they will take your bags from the ship to the airplane.  You will not see your bags until you are at your home airport.  We had a 11:30 am flight and had plenty of time.  I would not want to book anything before 10:30 or 11:00 am.

3 hours ago, ArkmanNoah said:

I have my first Alaska cruise coming up in 2023. When I sail out of Port Canaveral, I usually don't book my flight after the cruise is over until after noon on the day we arrive. What time would you book a flight for a cruise arriving in Seattle? I want to make sure I give ourselves enough time to disembark from the ship and get to the airport. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Anything noon or later should be safe.  We never book before noon, regardless of the port.  There’s no point in being stressed out your last night and morning after having a great vacation.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/03/10/mailbag-what-the-earliest-flight-i-should-book-after-the-cruise

6 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

Anything noon or later should be safe.  We never book before noon, regardless of the port.  There’s no point in being stressed out your last night and morning after having a great vacation.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/03/10/mailbag-what-the-earliest-flight-i-should-book-after-the-cruise

Quoted from the linked article:  "For cruises in the United States, the general rule of thumb has always been you are likely safe to book a flight after 11am, and noon or later is absolutely achievable."

We are flying from Seattle this summer from an Alaska sailing on the Quantum (June).  The flight is scheduled at 11:55 am.  We are also TSA-Pre so that saves some time at the airport. My sons and their spouses are also flying out between 11:00 and noon.

I was hoping to check the bags straight thru from the ship to the airline, via Port Valet in Seattle. Their restriction on SWA is noon or later. Our flight is 11:55, so hope it is allowable

Port Valet - Enjoy Seattle Luggage Free! | Port of Seattle (portseattle.org)