Apr 22, 2024 Southern Caribbean changed to repositioning

Done

I read on another forum a posting by an upset passenger that their booking for a Southern Caribbean cruise 4/22/2024 had been changed to repositioning without any notice from Celebrity.  They were able to switch to the earlier April, 2024 Silhouette sailing with the same itinerary.  They we received no notice of the change

We are booked on that same cruise and we have not received any notice either.   I logged in to Celebrity and my reservation ID still exists but there is no cruise details or itinerary shown.  We had booked a Retreat aft Sunset Sky Suite for a great price with an $800 OBC.  It is doubtful we will be able to duplicate that.  When I booked it I had a feeling it was too good to be true...

More to add:

I called Celebrity and used their automated system to get a confirmation of our booked sailing sent to us.  I was curious what it would say after logging in finding no information about the current booked cruise.

It now shows this cruise as a 13 Night Western Europe Transatlantic voyage.  We embark on the same date, 4/22/24, from Ft Lauderdale and there are 3 ports of call, all daytime stops, at Bermuda, The Azores and  Cobh, Ireland.  Our final destination is Amsterdam.  There are 9 sea days mixed in.  It shows we are in the same Retreat suite with same price as the original 10 day voyage including all the perks and $800 OBC.  I am intrigued, my wife not so much.  My biggest concern is the weather and temperatures we would encounter in late April into early May in the Atlantic ocean.

A decision to keep it is yet to be made.......   

Another Update:

My optimism for switching to the reposition cruise was unfounded.

We received a call from Celebrity on Tuesday afternoon (11/22) this week telling us our Southern Caribbean cruise had been cancelled and were offered a range of dates we could switch to, all on Silhouette in January - April 8, 2024.  The current pricing and promotions we had booked would be honored as well as an additional $400 OBC for the inconvenience.  I told the caller we couldn't decide right then and we needed to talk it over.  I was told we had until this Friday 11/25 to make the switch with no change fees and they were not working on Thanksgiving.

Our original cabin was Retreat class in a corner aft cabin on Deck 7.  We called back yesterday and were able to move to the March 25, 2024 sailing in a Retreat class corner aft cabin on deck 9.

We are retired so date switch is really no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

And so it continues......

After the customer service person updated our sailing, they sent an updated invoice.  It did not show any of the discounts we originally had, no On Board Credit (OBC) we had before so I gave it a few days after the Thanksgiving holiday in hopes the IT systems needed to process transactions done in the holiday week.  No such luck so after 40 minutes on hold it was all straightened out and the new invoice had all the items it did before.  One thing I noticed was the OBC was allocated between us differently than before but it added up to the correct amount including the $400 added offered for the inconvenience of the change.

I made the realization this new cruise would include Easter 2024 (March 31, 2024) which might explain the larger selection of corner Sunset Sky Suites available.  Oh well.

We decided to book a specialty restaurant for Easter and when I logged on the Celebrity website to do that I noticed our balance of the OBC changed and it was $800 MORE than it should be.  Now the ethical question.  I have this feeling we should get this corrected as it will come back to hurt us in some form. 

I did make the specialty reservation but we will make sure not to consume more OBC then we should be entitled to.