Costa Maya Chacchoben Ruins

Mike_Summer

Hello from Germany!

we are on a trip to Western Caribbean on 2 Sep - 9 Sep 2023. I was looking for a Tour to the Maya Ruins in Chacchoben/Costa Maya but cant find it in the Shore Excursions.
Only Trip on the RC Website is 'The Mayan Evolution' but Chacchoben is not mentioned in the description... Is Chacchoben incl. in 'The Mayan Evolution'?

Anyone did the 'The Mayan Evolution' Tour already?

Greetings from Flensburg
Mike

I am guessing that the tour you mentioned does include Chacchoben.  It is the closest ruins to Costa Maya.

If you want a smaller group, and probably a better price.  I have used a private tour company called Native choice for tours of the ruins.  They are a local company and are very good.

Costa Maya Excursions | Activities in Costa Maya, tours and travel information (thenativechoice.com)

8 hours ago, Mike_Summer said:

Hello from Germany!

we are on a trip to Western Caribbean on 2 Sep - 9 Sep 2023. I was looking for a Tour to the Maya Ruins in Chacchoben/Costa Maya but cant find it in the Shore Excursions.
Only Trip on the RC Website is 'The Mayan Evolution' but Chacchoben is not mentioned in the description... Is Chacchoben incl. in 'The Mayan Evolution'?

Anyone did the 'The Mayan Evolution' Tour already?

Greetings from Flensburg
Mike

Not to my knowledge that Chacchoben is included with "The Mayan Evolution". 

Looking at excursion descriptions, I think The Native Choice (thenativechoice.com) is who runs the ruins tours Royal puts into their cruise planner. The ruins tours will possibly start appearing around the 6 month mark before embarkation. You can find all of Royal's potential shore excursions for Costa Maya here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=CMM . Excursions including Chacchoben have the site in their name.