Orlando (Port Canaveral) Excursion to Disney Springs.

JamieNI

Hi, 

I was hoping for opinions on whether a trip to Disney Springs would be worthwhile on the stop at Port Canaveral on our February sailing aboard Anthem of the seas out of Cape Liberty?

My partner and I were considering taking advantage of the shuttle service to Magic Kingdom, booked through Royal Caribbean and then making our way from the Transport Hub to Disney Springs. Has anyone done this before and would it be worthwhile given the travel times to and from the port etc? We are both from the UK and are struggling with ideas / excursions for this particular port and so thought this may be an option.

I have read on other threads that we might be limited in the actual parks, having to factor in the queues, wait times and transportation. Would Disney Springs be the next best option and more importantly is it possible ?

Appreciate any help or guidance you can give 🙂 

If you really want to go there, and are using the transportation just to go to Disney Springs only, and not any of their theme parks, then it would be OK IMHO. Just remember to bring allot of money, or a nice high limit credit card, and be sure to be back to your bus on time.

16 hours ago, JamieNI said:

Thank you @USFFrank Would you happen to know if the shuttle service from Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs is reliable and efficient enough ? 

It's been a while since I've been to Disney (and even longer since I've used their buses), but if memory serves me correctly, if your Royal excursion bus indeed drops you off at what's called the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC) there is not a bus that goes from there to Disney Springs. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.

What you would have to do then is get on the monorail at the TTC and get off at one of the monorail resorts (either The Polynesian, Disney's Grand Floridian, or Disney's Contemporary Resort) and get on one of the busses from there to Disney Springs. When you want to go back, simply catch a bus to one of those resorts, then take the monorail back to the TTC. Disney's Contemporary Resort is the closest stop from the TTC. Those busses go back and forth at least 2-3 times an hour.

Something else you could do as well if you have the time is do a monorail tour of those 3 resorts. They are all very nice to walk around, and you do not need a reservation to do so.

5 hours ago, USFFrank said:

It's been a while since I've been to Disney (and even longer since I've used their buses), but if memory serves me correctly, if your Royal excursion bus indeed drops you off at what's called the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC) there is not a bus that goes from there to Disney Springs. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.

What you would have to do then is get on the monorail at the TTC and get off at one of the monorail resorts (either The Polynesian, Disney's Grand Floridian, or Disney's Contemporary Resort) and get on one of the busses from there to Disney Springs. When you want to go back, simply catch a bus to one of those resorts, then take the monorail back to the TTC. Disney's Contemporary Resort is the closest stop from the TTC. Those busses go back and forth at least 2-3 times an hour.

Something else you could do as well if you have the time is do a monorail tour of those 3 resorts. They are all very nice to walk around, and you do not need a reservation to do so.

Thank you so much! This has been really helpful! Something I will definitely look into!