Post-Cruise Galveston Excursions

USCG Teacher

Hey all!  Just curious if there's typically any post-cruise excursions out of Galveston that include transportation to IAH?  Our flight leaves after 3:30, so figured it was an option worth exploring.  The RCI shore excursions pages aren't nearly as user-friendly as they used to be, and I having a hard time going through them.  We're not leaving until the summer, so the fact that nothing's in the Cruise Planner isn't surprising, but I'm just trying to look ahead and see if it's even a possibility!

22 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post cruise excursion through RC that does not include transfer to the airport.

Agreed.  Perhaps I was unclear in what I was asking.  Just curious if there are any post-cruise excursions out of Galveston, as I can't seem to find any info on them on the website.  I added the IAH bit due to the fact that there are two airports people tend to fly into Galveston on: IAH is larger but farther, HOU is smaller but closer (and potentially easier to run a post-cruise excursion to).

On 11/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, USCG Teacher said:

Hey all!  Just curious if there's typically any post-cruise excursions out of Galveston that include transportation to IAH?  Our flight leaves after 3:30, so figured it was an option worth exploring.  The RCI shore excursions pages aren't nearly as user-friendly as they used to be, and I having a hard time going through them.  We're not leaving until the summer, so the fact that nothing's in the Cruise Planner isn't surprising, but I'm just trying to look ahead and see if it's even a possibility!

Same here - I can't find anything on the RC web site other than "here's great things in Galveston!", and the shore excursions page currently says they are updating the list. I too am leaving in the summer and figure, like you, something will populate probably after the first of the year. That Uber/Lyft charge of $75-100 one way back to HOU is insane!

I wonder if RC has shuttle buses back to Houston? Might be worth a call to RC (or travel agent) to find out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 8:56 PM, Cactus527 said:

Same here - I can't find anything on the RC web site other than "here's great things in Galveston!", and the shore excursions page currently says they are updating the list. I too am leaving in the summer and figure, like you, something will populate probably after the first of the year. That Uber/Lyft charge of $75-100 one way back to HOU is insane!

I wonder if RC has shuttle buses back to Houston? Might be worth a call to RC (or travel agent) to find out.

This thread has some great info about Galveston, including alternate transportation options.