Relationship between Embarkation and Debarkation times on Royal?

ZMANATL

Quick question.  Is there a relationship between Embarkation and Debarkation times on Royal?  Recently sailed, had an 11 am embarkation time.  My debarkation time was 7:30, which was the first group off after suites/key.. I asked.. It appears there may be a relationship. If so, it'd be something to mention in one of Matt's blogs for those looking for an early Debarkation time that don't want or can't do self assist.   I'll always be the guy up at midnight or whenever to try and get that early embarkation but knowing the answer may help others.  Thanks and y'all have fun cruising until next time

I've never seen a correlation between Embarkation and Debarkation times.  I've arrived at the port at different times but I have always been one of the first ones off the ship.  What I do is go to Guest Services around Day 2 of the cruise and ask to be assigned an early disembarkation time.  When they hand out the luggage tags for disembarkation, I make sure I got the right ones.  If I don't, I ask the room attendant to give me the ones I like.  Sometimes I do it at Guest Services.

Recently, they have been giving out QR codes that takes you to a page to select your disembarkation time.  I'm a "belt and suspenders" guy so I still go to Guest Services to make sure I'm in the right disembarkation group.

Recently (past 6 months or so) there has been a debarkation QR code to scan and select your desired disembarkation time. 
I imagine if guests are not making the selection they are assigned one, in a slot that "balances out" the debarkation.  Of course the need to do the debarkation scan is in the Compass (paper) so a lot of people don't get the paper and/or don't understand what it means, etc.    If you get a time you are not happy with you can go to Guest Services and request luggage tags for a different time.  I've put down "last times" for the disembarkation survey and they keep assigning me to Crown and Anchor (mid times).  I also had the key on a sailing so they gave me "key" (early)  disembarkation.  I don't do early disembarkation because I usually get picked up by family so I tend to do the visit to Guest Services and get new luggage tags.

You could also just ignore the assigned time and keep your luggage tag, your luggage will be the only one in that area when you get off the ship.  

56 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Of course the need to do the debarkation scan is in the Compass (paper) so a lot of people don't get the paper and/or don't understand what it means, etc.    

On the ships I've been on, there's a small card with the QR code placed in the rooms around Day 2 or 3.

image.thumb.jpeg.6c01bf8e0fd298d509e761df34f5eb28.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

You could also just ignore the assigned time and keep your luggage tag, your luggage will be the only one in that area when you get off the ship.  

This will only work if you're assigned an early departure time, but choose to disembark late.  If you have a late departure time and you're not doing self-assist, your luggage might not be at baggage claim if you get off the ship earlier.