The Key

VinceC

With the Key do you think we would have a checkin time between 10am and 12pm.

I am trying to arrange transportation to the cruise port for my family of 9 and I wanted to lock in the time for us to be picked up.

Also, at the end of the cruise, we plan on having breakfast before getting off the ship so I will assume we should be off by 930am, how long do you think it will take to get out of the terminal after immigration and customs?

I think it depends on which port you are sailing from with respect to The Key.

I know they were sending out in The Key details that you get priority boarding if you arrived before 11:30 but after that you got priority in your arrival time only. That was also when there were a lot more hoops to jump through which slowed down the boarding process.

You select your arrival time (check-in time) when you do the online check-in that opens 45 days before sailing. Having the The Key doesn't mean you don't have to do this check-in at 45 days out, but it just allows you to still get the priority boarding if you end up not being able to pick an early arrival/check-in time.   

Typically the ships start boarding around 11am.

4 hours ago, RCLblue10 said:

Does the key allow my time dinners to the front of the wait line?

This depends, there is a key line for a lot of things including MTD. It doesn't mean you go the front for a wait but that there is a dedicated line. Since there will be less people with the Key, you will have a shorter line.