Mediterranean in the Fall

41m33

I honestly don't think two weeks is going to make that much of a difference. I'd lean towards the October sailing as it will be a little bit cooler and probably less demand, but I don't have personal experience. From what I've read, early October should be pleasant.

I really don't think you'll find it making a difference - not one that is predictable at least.  I'd aim for the one in October just because as you get to the edge of the season there is a chance that the ports of call may be a little less crowded, airfare may be a bit cheaper, etc.

I always said I wouldn't cruise the Med past mid September as I enjoy the warm sea days and we can get rain in the UK anytime so wanted more stability - however under pressure I did cruise at the end of September and  I would go for that one if you can't go earlier.

Still expect cool sea days and showers even on land.

Take a selection of warm clothing for sea days and waterproofs - just in case.

Mind you as someone says it's unpredictable at that time of year.

I did western Med in late September 2016 and would not hesitate to do it again, even October would be fine. The weather had been absolutely fantastic, only had 30 minutes of rain and a quick thunderstorm in Mallorca.

So we decided to chance the weather and actually booked Oct. 14 (9 nts instead of 7 and a great price). Any tips for traveling the Med would be appreciated!

You can't do that. ;)  That wasn't one of the dates you proposed when you started this thread.

I haven't done the Med yet, so I'm looking forward to the responses here.  Right now I have a Med and a Japan cruise booked for next summer (2018), and will have to decide sometime next year.

You can't do that. ;)  That wasn't one of the dates you proposed when you started this thread.

I haven't done the Med yet, so I'm looking forward to the responses here.  Right now I have a Med and a Japan cruise booked for next summer (2018), and will have to decide sometime next year.

What can I say? It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind! 9nts won me over. I figure we're not there for the beaches so much anyways and an extra sea day to enjoy Symphony is just too sweet to pass up!

What can I say? It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind! 9nts won me over. I figure we're not there for the beaches so much anyways and an extra sea day to enjoy Symphony is just too sweet to pass up!

You never have to justify extra days, discussion on a new ship.