need help! New to cruising with my 11 yr old!

I would recommend Voyager class or larger. The bigger you go, the more there will be too do. Although, in all honesty, my son (10) has been on 16 cruises since he was 2 and had never been board, even on ships much smaller than anything Royal has.

Best is a bit subjective, but generally speaking the Oasis class ships offer the most options, the greaterst variety of entertainment and activities.  These ships (Oasis, Allure, and Harmony) sail only 7 night sailings however (with rare exception).  Next up would be Freedom and Voyager class ships, and they occasionally sail shorter cruises, but largely stick to 7 nights.

Generally the Enchantment of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas are the ships doing 3 and 4 night sailings.  You will however see some others, including the Independence (which is a Freedom class ship, may be a great option) depending on the time of year.

Between the Enchantment and Majesty the Enchantment is slightly larger and offers a wider variety of venues and entertainment.  Again, it's hard to quantify best, I'm just assuming that you'd be looking for as large of a ship as you can find doing 4 night sailings based on wanting many options for entertaining children.  Any Royal Caribbean ship however is going to have programs, activities, and areas that most kids will enjoy.

Best is a bit subjective, but generally speaking the Oasis class ships offer the most options, the greaterst variety of entertainment and activities.  These ships (Oasis, Allure, and Harmony) sail only 7 night sailings however (with rare exception).  Next up would be Freedom and Voyager class ships, and they occasionally sail shorter cruises, but largely stick to 7 nights.

Generally the Enchantment of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas are the ships doing 3 and 4 night sailings.  You will however see some others, including the Independence (which is a Freedom class ship, may be a great option) depending on the time of year.

Between the Enchantment and Majesty the Enchantment is slightly larger and offers a wider variety of venues and entertainment.  Again, it's hard to quantify best, I'm just assuming that you'd be looking for as large of a ship as you can find doing 4 night sailings based on wanting many options for entertaining children.  Any Royal Caribbean ship however is going to have programs, activities, and areas that most kids will enjoy.

Isn't Majesty the one that has a "Splash-Away Zone" now"?

I know they added something like that during the last refurbishment.