Future Cruise Credit

TommyYu

Hi all,

This may sound like a dumb question, but I have a cruise schedule for next year (2023) and have paid the $250/person deposit. I also have a cruise later this year in December 2022. If I cancel the cruise 2023, I believe I lose the $100 and will get a $150 as future cruise credit. The question is if I can use this credit for this year (2022)? My thought is no since it's "future" credit.

Thanks for you input.

If you booked under cruise with confidence, you would be correct, otherwise any NRD deposits are forfeited. Now if you change the cruise, you just lose $100pp in change fees. The new policy that went into effect for cruises in June was that all nonrefundable deposits are just that, no longer refundable in any capacity. 

To start, future cruise credits can be applied to any cruise in the future in relation to today. The cruise date where the FCC came from doesn't limit how soon you could apply it.

In regards to receiving a partial credit of your 2023 cruise deposit, it depends on when you booked the cruise.

If you booked prior to June 1, 2022, then you can receive a $150 future cruise credit which can then be applied to your 2022 cruise (details below in italics).

For cruises booked on or after June 1, 2022, non-refundable deposits are forfeited upon cancellation. However, changes to the ship and/or sail date can be made to retain the value of the deposit but are subject to a $100 change fee.

If you booked the 2023 cruise after June 1st, I don't think you could retain the value of that deposit and apply it to an existing booking (the 2022 booking) because only changes to the reservation allow you to retain the value.

It's worth a call to your TA or RCCL to verify what they can do for you. This is somewhat of a unique scenario. Hope this info helps!

Guests who booked a non-refundable fare prior June 1, 2022 can elect to request a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of the deposit paid per guest, less the $100 fee. Non-refundable deposit FCCs will no longer be automatically issued to qualifying guests and, therefore, will require a call to Royal Caribbean’s Trade Support & Service team for issuance under 
the prior policy terms.