Excursion discounts Black Friday

CanHardlyWait

All special sales and promotions are not absolute straight across the board for all ships and all sail dates.  Some will find deals while others will not.  If a ship sales trends have been strong they are less likely to apply discounts to that date.  Only Royal knows the exact thresholds and algorithms they use to make the decision for a particular sail date.

Sometimes packages like dining or drink packages have been cheaper while other years these appear to be hardly touched.  

As far as excursion discounts during sales events there may be an opportunity for some but I've always done better with excursions at random times by checking my excursions several times each week.  Without a special sales event like black Friday I have often found some but not all excursions going up and down in price as sale trends play out.  Often my price checking yields nothing then suddenly one excursion will randomly go down 20 or 30% unrelated to any special sale.  I've always done better with these random excursion price drops compared to black Friday.

My expectation is that there will be hype for black Friday promotions but I'm not expecting many this year as the company struggles with debt incurred from the pandemic.   

Only time will tell.

It’s going to vary widely. The best deals I remember from last year were for CocoCay with the water park and Beach Club  admissions being 50% off. Other than those, I don’t remember any huge discounts. Excursions are ran through 3rd parties so offering a large discount would be a loss for RC…which they aren’t going to do. I do remember some excursions that are normally 10% off being 20% off during the sale, but nothing close to 50%

• 4 weeks later...