On Board Credits

jce2

Is there any way on-line to check your on board credit balance.  I know my travel agent said he would be adding credits to our rooms, and he just changed our reservation which effectively didn't change our cost but added other on- board credit, and last but not least my credit card will be adding credit.  Would be nice if there was an official way to keep track of it all.

Just today Matt and I started seeing our OBC show in the cruise planner for the Harmony Group Cruise.  It was there...then it wasn't...then it was...so RCI may be working on the site now, but at least we'll have this soon.  It appeared in the upper-right corner.

Sure enough, the RCL credits are now showing up on my planner for my Liberty of The Seas trip in January.  My TA credits are not, but he might not even apply those until I pay off the balance.  Still not clear what the difference is between TA OBC and RCL OBC.....

How is OBC from the TA different?  Is it treated differently?  Do I use it differently?

They are both the same in the grand scheme of things.  The difference is RC's system does not account for TA-provided OBC with the new Cruise Planner ability to spend it. They are essentially two different buckets of income.