Embarkation and debarkation?

FManke

On Radiance Class ships (including Serenade last Nov from FLL) I have always boarded and disembarked from deck 5 (open deck under the lifeboats).  At your port stops, you will leave and return to the ship from deck 2 or 1, depending on the particular port/pier, tide issues, docked/tendering, etc.

I take that back...In Seward Alaska we boarded Radiance directly into deck 4 next to the guest services desk, then in Vancouver we disembarked from deck 5.

No embark/disembark activity should have any effect on your cabin.  ;)

Follow-up question; has anybody used the "Smart Check-In" reservation time through the online check-in tool?

It looks like it gives you a window of time that you're supposed to show up for, but only has limited (and relatively late) windows. All cruise tips I've read say to arrive early to try to avoid lines and maximize vacation time--any vets have advice on this feature?

If I check-in online and then show up at the beginning of embarkation, will I be turned away because it is not my "Smart Check-In" time yet?

Thanks!

Ben

Follow-up question; has anybody used the "Smart Check-In" reservation time through the online check-in tool?

It looks like it gives you a window of time that you're supposed to show up for, but only has limited (and relatively late) windows. All cruise tips I've read say to arrive early to try to avoid lines and maximize vacation time--any vets have advice on this feature?

If I check-in online and then show up at the beginning of embarkation, will I be turned away because it is not my "Smart Check-In" time yet?

Thanks!

Ben

We always get there as early as we can but usually somewhere around 11.  Thats because the windjammer doesn't open until 11:30.