RCCL Trip Insurance and/or Other Trip Insurance

Thorntor

Thankfully we are blessed to have several cruises coming up in the next few months and on three of them, we purchased the RCCL Trip Protection/Insurance.  However, I have been unable to figure out just what the RCCL insurance covers and the limits.  On a previous cruise we purchased a separate Medical Evacuation policy, but I am not sure whether to purchase such policy again or some other type of insurance product.

Can someone point me to an explanation of "what is/ could be/ is not" included in the RCCL insurance coverage?  I am also interested in investigating an annual travel policy if that makes more sense?  All insights will be appreciated.  🏝️ 🛳️ 🏝️

https://www.archinsurancesolutions.com/coverage/Royal

If you select your state it will bring up the policy documents and you should read through the Coverages section and the definitions section. Think of hypothetical situations and try to see if they apply to the coverages within your policy.

I believe @Pooch recently had an experience with the Royal travel protection. I'm sure she could lend you some advice! 

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

https://www.archinsurancesolutions.com/coverage/Royal

If you select your state it will bring up the policy documents and you should read through the Coverages section and the definitions section. Think of hypothetical situations and try to see if they apply to the coverages within your policy.

I believe @Pooch recently had an experience with the Royal travel protection. I'm sure she could lend you some advice! 

Thank you Ashley.  I was able to find the policy information.  I had previously found the site, but didn’t know to enter the state to pull up the coverages and exceptions.

Hi, Pooch here!  We were scheduled to travel with my brother & nephew in March.  We flew into MCO from CT, they were coming from Cape Cod through Rhode Island.  We all had the insurance through RCCL.  Day we were scheduled to fly down, all hell broke lose with weather issues up & down the east coast, thunder & lightening in Florida, sleet in the mid Atlantic and snow in New England.  We made it down.  They traveled to 3 different airports but every rescheduled flight got canceled.  No way to make it to the port.  He was refunded port fees/taxes/prepaid gratuities and prepaid DBP.  Insurance gave him 90% back in the form of 2 FCCs.  So as well as missing a great cruise, he was out 10% of their fare plus the cost of insurance.  He is using them for Harmony 2.0 in May and was able to take advantage of a promotion in July giving him $100 in OBC for each FCC.  So they recouped the lost 10%.  Being the WONDERFUL sister I am, we are going on the cruise too!

I was not happy with the whole process but felt the end result was pretty fair.