Antigen test or lateral flow? Please help

Wendy1929

Hi all. Am hoping someone can help my sanity and explain this. We are soon to be sailing from Southampton and 5 of us are fully vaccinated and 1 child isn't.  I know we need to do supervised tests 1 day before however I can book supervised lateral flow tests at many places however they specifically ask for an antigen test. These seem harder to find and in some places are described as antigen lateral flow tests. Can anyone help who has sailed from Southampton with their experience and accepted test please. Thank you 

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The term lateral flow test is used interchangeably with antigen tests.  In America they're advertised as antigen tests. Elsewhere as lateral flow tests

Thanks. My Confusion is my local Pharmacy does lateral flow but the one 50 miles away does lateral flow and antigen as 2 different tests. Trying to avoid a 100 miles round trip the day before! 

I responded on this in the other thread but for additional clarity, if you read the FAQs on Boots’s website it is clear the lateral flow test is an antigen test. I don’t know why Boots has a separate booking for rapid antigen and lateral flow tests. Maybe the tests they use are slightly different for each, but regardless each is an antigen test so signing up for either would work as long as it is supervised.