Transport to Ravenna and RC reps.

Getting kind of fed up with RC over transfers from Venice to Ravenna.

I booked the cruise from Ravenna and phoned for the transfer to and from the port to the port from Venice and from the ship to Bologna.

I got the e-docs and the voucher supplied is only for the post cruise I have no pre-cruise vouchers so I phoned them up and had to spend 40 minutes on the phone while their supervisor had to manually update their booking. I was then told it would be reflected in my docs in 5 days. We are now 7 days later and my docs haven't changed.

I'll need to phone tomorrow again now and spend another 40 minutes on the phone. We fly out 2 weeks tomorrow to venice. I'm not sure if we don't get on the coach that we would be able to find alternative transport. (Taxis cost 350$ one way.) This isn't something to leave to chance, I'd prefer to have something in writing. 

12 hours ago, Morganno said:

Getting kind of fed up with RC over transfers from Venice to Ravenna.

I booked the cruise from Ravenna and phoned for the transfer to and from the port to the port from Venice and from the ship to Bologna.

I got the e-docs and the voucher supplied is only for the post cruise I have no pre-cruise vouchers so I phoned them up and had to spend 40 minutes on the phone while their supervisor had to manually update their booking. I was then told it would be reflected in my docs in 5 days. We are now 7 days later and my docs haven't changed.

I'll need to phone tomorrow again now and spend another 40 minutes on the phone. We fly out 2 weeks tomorrow to venice. I'm not sure if we don't get on the coach that we would be able to find alternative transport. (Taxis cost 350$ one way.) This isn't something to leave to chance, I'd prefer to have something in writing. 

Have you tried the online chat feature from the UK website (not sure if the US site has it?)? It is very quick to sort many issues with it., and you can stay connected while they email you new documents.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/resources/contact-us

It's seriously the most frustrating thing....we need transfers from Ravenna to Venice Airport (our hotel is next to the airport as we fly very early the following morning). Cannot get one, firstly told we need to fly out the same day, tried 4 times to get it and they wouldn't let us book even after being told the same day flight thing is no longer a thing (and giving them a same day flight number). Now being told there are no transfers available for that sailing.
We're now going to have to wait to try and book them on board.
It has already made me state in my head I will never sail from Ravenna again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I thought I would update since we are now back from our cruise.

We stayed in Hotel Santa Chiara which is across the street from the people mover.

We never ever got any voucher from RC but when we found the rep at the end of the people mover (btw she was wearing a t-shirt with Trumpytours on it so it took a while to see that Royal Clipboard)  we had to ask several tour reps before they pointed us in the right direction. We were on the  list 😅 so waited to board the bus. 

There seemed to be 3 buses and the driver loaded the bags then we went on quite well organised. 

We had a pit stop around 1.45 mins into the journey and over all it too around 2.40 to get to the port. 

For the return one of the good things about the transfers is they give your luggage tags 2 days beforehand so you can sort things out.

However check with Guest services your return,  we were offered 6:30am to the airport which I thought was early for a 4.30pm flight from Bologna airport only for Guest services to tell me in their system I was going back to Venice !!!

Luckily I had my printed voucher with me that clearly showed Bologna airport. After 30 mins she offered me Bologna airport at 7.15. I asked if we could go to the train station at 9am instead so we moved to 9am. Had I not asked it would have been panic on the final day.

This gave us some extra time in bed on the last day 🙂 

Once off the ship we collected our luggage and wheeled it past the empty customs desks to the clearly marked busses and were soon off to Bologna train station.

The unmanned monorail train from Bologna to the airport costs 9.50€ and runs every 7 minutes.  We intended to use left luggage at the station and head into town but we weren't feeling great and it was very hot so opted for the airport instead. We had lounge access (it's before security) but you are only allowed in 3 hours prior to your flight. Left luggage is still closed at Bologna (I think they are doing renovations.) 

Hope this helps future travelers.