Playa Mia

melski94

I'm looking to book Playa Mia directly on their website. In the past, I booked and paid a deposit online and brought cash to pay the balance when we arrived there. However, this time the website wants full payment and since there are 6 of us that's gets pretty costly especially since there are no refunds if the ship doesn't pull in according to their cancellation policy.

So would you book it online now? Should I wait until we are on the ship and fairly certain we'll be going to Cozumel? Or should I just show up that day without a reservation (however my kids would be bummed to miss the water park and slides if we can't get in)? I'd probably only book the day pass if I do decide to book it and there are 4 ships in port that day.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Having been the coordinator of such events in the past, I do NOT recommend that you pay for everything and then expect everyone to pay you back.  That is a recipe for disaster to your wallet, in my experience.

If they are requiring full payment before sailing then I recommend you consider a different option, like Doc says....maybe Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom.  I'm surprised that any of these kinds of facilities would require a full prepayment knowing that their competitors do not.  ...but if they do require it, they are most likely going to lose out.  There are too many options that don't require prepayment and most will opt for that.

I don't think there is much risk in waiting to book it closer to your arrival. Either before you leave for your cruise or even onboard.  There are so many places like Playa Mia in Cozumel, it's not exactly somewhere that is likely to book up.  

Personally, I might wait until just before sailing to book it.  If you are concerned about having to pay it all in advance, keep in mind you could try booking it on that day or going to a similar resort that does not have those kind of restrictions (like Paradise Beach).

I'll add having been to Playa Mia that I think there are better options available.  Playa Mia is sold by EVERY cruise line, so it tends to get crowded and I think the other beach resorts offer better food and drink options for the price.  That being said, Playa Mia has a water park that the others don't, but some, like Mr. Sanchos, do have water play structures for a slight additional fee.