Celebrity cabin change corner OV TO OV on boarding day

Pattycruise

Just boarded Celebrity Constellation today.  I had a lovely forward corner ocean view deck 7 and they’ve moved us to an OV side cabin. Yes, same category-so it’s an “even swap” BUT it’s a smaller cabin/less window. 

I’d read (post booking) that Celebrity uses Deck 7 for quarantine (unlike Royal Deck 3). I’m not sure if it’s just these older ships or if it’s their fleet that used deck 7.  Deck 7 only had the forward OV, otherwise it’s most all balconies.   You would think they wouldn’t leave the cabin open to book.

I’ve voiced my displeasure to Guest Services and they’ll look into an upgrade.  I think due to the Move Up program they have to wait until boarding ends.  Fingers crossed. 

update, moved to a handicapped corner cabin, oversized OV cabin 6005

avoid it at all costs. You can hear the people coming/going to the helipad at 12:30am.  The floors are uneven, not sure how a wheelchair functions in this cabin. The AC came on and off every 20 minutes  it was LOUD. And worst of all  very strong smell of cigarette smoke.

we asked guest services to move us back to deck 3 3077….they were very kind to us and upgraded us to a concierge suite 8069. We went off to our excursion came back and   We packed up, got our new cabin keys and when we entered the cabin tabletops are gross. The dust is also visible and the mirrors dirty, I picked up the phone to request a cleaning and the earpiece is dirty.  I’ll gladly clean it myself if they give me the chemicals.  So we are still packed, out of the cabin and hoping it’s being cleaned so we can finally relax. 

Interesting conversation with another passenger on our sailing.  She had a deck 2 OV and her cabin was changed because deck 2 is where they house the quarantine crew.  She was given a deck 6 balcony right off the bat.  She’s never sailed Celebrity before.  Meanwhile Celebrity did not treat me as kindly. (elite member).  Sometimes I wonder how they run their customer service.

• 2 months later...

We had a B2B booked for last year in a specific cabin - one we had experienced before and really liked.  Less than a week before sailing X moved us to a cabin, in the same category, that was non-standard, small, and in a very undesirable (in our opinion) location.  We contacted X and they would not consider any alternate cabin.  Unacceptable customer service.  We cancelled both cruises - obtained FCC and rebooked B2B on the Beyond this coming Feb.  We are hoping to get through that cruise and then I am doubtful that we will return to X.  It is a real shame as we thought we had found our new favorite cruise line.  I guess it will be back to RCCL.  We will be on the Allure for the first cruise out of Galveston and hopefully that will go well.