Best Balcony

Greetings and Salutations !!!

Never been on a cruise before and want to surprise my wife for our 30th wedding anniversary in Oct 2015.

It is soooooooooooo confusing to research which ship, understand the deck plans and the room categories.

I've heard horror stories where people thought they got a great deal only to find they were right below the disco or the restaurant or near the engines.

Anyway, I definitely want a balcony but I heard there are some rooms with a better balcony than others with a balcony.

What is the best way to find the best balcony?

As you said there are a lot of options especially when you take into account all the different ships and their designs as well.

Do you have a ship/itinerary picked out yet?

Once I pick my ship, I usually spend a few minutes flipping back and forth through the deck plans checking on the locations of the night clubs in particular (had a bad experience on Disney being upgraded to the balcony room directly above the night club ... it was fairly obvious the club opened at 10pm when all of our stuff lifted into orbit as the bass kicked in).

Feel free to post your options here and I am sure you will get some location feedback, its very hard to tell you the best balcony though as opinions differ :)

Greetings and Salutations !!!

Never been on a cruise before and want to surprise my wife for our 30th wedding anniversary in Oct 2015.

It is soooooooooooo confusing to research which ship, understand the deck plans and the room categories.

I've heard horror stories where people thought they got a great deal only to find they were right below the disco or the restaurant or near the engines.

Anyway, I definitely want a balcony but I heard there are some rooms with a better balcony than others with a balcony.

What is the best way to find the best balcony?

A great way to check out rooms is to go on You Tube , a lot of people film their accommodation so it will give you a good idea of the layout and normally they will review the room at the same time. 

Yep I agree once you have a ship its easier - the newer ships rooms are different

from the older ships rooms - lots of options online to view cabins - there are

even sites where people post what they like and don't like about cabins etc

Feel free to ask for help here !

Some of the best balconies are "hump balconies", which are balconies that are on the part of the ship that jets out if you look down on its deck plan.

The reason they are preferred is because these balconies are substantially larger than other balconies but there is no additional cost.

I had one of these balconies on Jewel of the Seas and it was amazing how large it was.