Refund question

My October 2022 4 night cruise has been converted to 7 night cruise that now leaves 10/14 instead of 10/17.  RC emailed us and we have 3 options.  We have decided to go on the extended cruise so yay for that but since we are now going to different ports none of the excursions I purchased are needed.  I'm also assuming the drink packages, specialty dining and spa treatments I had booked are also not good anymore either.  Nothing was in the email about when to expect refunds for those items and the cruise planner only lists the cancelation,  not the new cruise.  Has this happened before and can anyone offer advice?  Really wishing I had used a TA😕

6 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

My October 2022 4 night cruise has been converted to 7 night cruise that now leaves 10/14 instead of 10/17.  RC emailed us and we have 3 options.  We have decided to go on the extended cruise so yay for that but since we are now going to different ports none of the excursions I purchased are needed.  I'm also assuming the drink packages, specialty dining and spa treatments I had booked are also not good anymore either.  Nothing was in the email about when to expect refunds for those items and the cruise planner only lists the cancelation,  not the new cruise.  Has this happened before and can anyone offer advice?  Really wishing I had used a TA😕

What happened to us is that Royal automatically cancelled our excursions when they cancelled our February cruise, and we had to rebook everything for the replacement trip.  It did take 2-3 weeks for the refund, and there were errors in the amounts.  So keep track of the $$ you spent on the original trip.  For us, when the credits came back the amounts were sometimes odd, which is why you need to track totals.  I eventually called Royal customer service, and they fixed everything.  (We had a TA on these trips, and she advised us to call Royal to fix the refund.  She didn't have visibility into our Career Planner purchases.)

1 hour ago, KJones said:

I would go ahead and cancel anything you bought in the Cruise Planner now, and not wait for RC to cancel them automatically. I've found that I've gotten the refund(s) much quicker that way.

We didn't get that chance, it won't let me in that part amymore.