Sangria

Ocalarnd

Thanks to all who have provided information on the ability to bring on board 2 bottles of wine per cabin.

What is the volume limit per bottle of wine allowed?

Is Sangria considered wine, or does it fall into another category?

Also, we are hitting San Juan as a port in June. Any suggestions for places to try local Sangria flavor?

Thanks a bunch.

Each bottle of wine may be up to 750ml in size.

I would think Sangria is okay, because Sangria is just wine and fruit, but it needs to be bottled and sealed like something out of a store. I cannot promise it will make it through security.

I could be wrong but if you purchase Sangria in SJ won't they take it at Security and hold it until you get off the ship ?

Correct, I was assuming that was their port of embarkation. If not, then any alcohol will be seized for the duration of the cruise.

Sorry for the confusion. Plan is embark Port Canaveral with couple sealed store-bought sangria bottles (after all San Juan port is not until like Day 5). Then while in port at SJ maybe find a nice eatery in Old SJ that happens to offer a local flavor of sangria to be enjoyed there.

Still hoping for some suggestions on local eateries in Old San Juan from folks.

Thanks to all.

Still hoping for some suggestions on local eateries in Old San Juan from folks.

Last November we ate at Café Puerto Rico at 208 Calle O'Donell, Old San Juan (near fort San Cristobal).  It was FAB-U-LOUS!  The prices were reasonable (in line with the other restaurants in the area, but much better food quality and upscale ambiance), and one thing that struck me was that the children's menu wasn't Americanized crap like chicken fingers and boxed mac-n-cheese, but smaller portions of the same dishes adults could order.

I can't tell you if they offer sangria; I'm a rum guy, so Puerto Rico was a slice of heaven.  Right at the pier downtown is "La Casita de Rones" (House of Rums) which has a large selection of rums and rum cocktails to choose from.  The food looked really good there as well, but I was there for the rum so I didn't try any.