Photo Packages

Guest toodle68

Guest toodle68

One of the great items we loved on our recent Liberty cruise was the photo process. Back when we were on Majesty, they just stuck all the photos on a board and you had to hunt down your picture. On Liberty, even when we did not state our cabin number, they appeared in our account.  Anyone know if they are using some face matching software?

The price for each picture is a little steep at $20 when the entire process is digital.. but it is what it is..

My question though.. In December we are going on Freedom and taking the young adult children as a last family vacation as they all head to, or leave, college etc. We want to get lots of pictures. Looking at the photo packages, it looks like the cost is $199 for unlimited pictures downloaded to a USB stick.  That feels a little 'cheap' when compared to $20 per picture so just wanted to hear of anyone's experience..

Also, when on Liberty we kept seeing families gather for what looked like a more organized and scheduled photo shoot. Is that also included in the unlimited package and is it something you schedule on board or just turn up?

Thanks!

On my last cruise, I got the All inclusive digital package.  I can't remember the exact price, but it was well worth it since we had over 100 pictures taken of my wife and I.  The pictures on the disk are full resolution when printed out at up to 8" x 10" in size. I would highly recommend this package, especially if you are wanting a lot of pictures taken.  You will be able to print as many copies of any picture on the cd as you want.  Also, you have the option of adding the RCCL prints to your all-inclusive digital package for $100 more (for an unlimited number of photos).  The package is done by stateroom, however if you have children under a certain age staying in another stateroom, you can have the Photo people merge your children onto your package once you get on board.  Also any photo taken that contains at least one person that's listed on the package will make the photo included in the package. 

I know of someone who had 6 people in their stateroom and had over 1100 photos take of their group while on their cruise.  They bought the all-inclusive digital package with the prints. I would say they got a great deal!

Any photo taken by the RCCL photographers on the ship, or in ports, that includes at least one person from the package will be included in the package, however photos booked and taken in the "Picture This" Portrait Studio (which is on some ships) will not be included in the package.  "Picture This" sessions is a separate service.

It's also pretty common with RCCL that the more you pre-pay for and the more you book/reserve before embarkation day, the better deal you get relative to waiting to book, reserver, or buy a la carte once on board.

RCCL uses facial recognition software to "know" who is in the picture.  However, this is 100% accurate.  You may end up with pictures that aren't you in your folio as well as some pictures that are you may not be in your folio.  The photographers in the gallery can easily remove unwanted pictures from your folio.  Also, they will put on display (think the old way), the photos they aren't able to match to a face.  If you see one of you, then you can grab it off the self and take it to one of the photographers in the gallery for them to scan and add to your folio.

Guest toodle68

Thank you for taking the time to respond.. Lots of great info.  Whilst I was out, I wondered how it would work with two staterooms. The ages in the stateroom will be 23, 22, 18 and 17 so curious if we will be able to get pictures from both into 1 package.

So basically the USB contain the full HD photo with no restrictions on use..

Is the "Picture This" only bookable on ship..  I do not see any obvious links to it..

One of the great items we loved on our recent Liberty cruise was the photo process. Back when we were on Majesty, they just stuck all the photos on a board and you had to hunt down your picture. On Liberty, even when we did not state our cabin number, they appeared in our account.  Anyone know if they are using some face matching software?

The price for each picture is a little steep at $20 when the entire process is digital.. but it is what it is..

My question though.. In December we are going on Freedom and taking the young adult children as a last family vacation as they all head to, or leave, college etc. We want to get lots of pictures. Looking at the photo packages, it looks like the cost is $199 for unlimited pictures downloaded to a USB stick.  That feels a little 'cheap' when compared to $20 per picture so just wanted to hear of anyone's experience..

Also, when on Liberty we kept seeing families gather for what looked like a more organized and scheduled photo shoot. Is that also included in the unlimited package and is it something you schedule on board or just turn up?

Thanks!

Yes, the photographer said they were using a face matching software. In our case, it didn't always work. But the photos weren't hard to identify. The staff down there was very friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

Great info on the picture packages. But when is the "all inclusive digital package" made available? Pre-cruise purchase or only on the ship?

I haven't seen any option for this in my Cruise Planner yet, but we are still a bit more than 120 days out from embark.

Thanks.

Pre-cruise and it's here http://www.ourcruisephotos.com/

• 1 month later...

wondering if either of you recall what the onboard cost was. Trying to decide if I should pre-pay... I buy these no matter what because otherwise, I never end up in any photos! Pre-pay cost for me is $159... I don't want printed. I'll do that myself. Thanks! (its also super nice to read positive comments about getting the package... its usually negative about what a waste it is which I completely disagree!)

wondering if either of you recall what the onboard cost was. Trying to decide if I should pre-pay... I buy these no matter what because otherwise, I never end up in any photos! Pre-pay cost for me is $159... I don't want printed. I'll do that myself. Thanks! (its also super nice to read positive comments about getting the package... its usually negative about what a waste it is which I completely disagree!)

I think the price is different (both pre-cruise and onboard for different sailings), however on my last cruise on Oasis I think I remember the on board price of the all digital package being about $50 higher than the pre-cruise price.  I feel the package is a great value as my wife and I (and now my son our next cruise) are usually hams to the cameras :-).  Our cruise photos have always turned out really, really good and paying that price for the all digital package is no more than paying for a professional photo session back home.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.. Lots of great info.  Whilst I was out, I wondered how it would work with two staterooms. The ages in the stateroom will be 23, 22, 18 and 17 so curious if we will be able to get pictures from both into 1 package.

So basically the USB contain the full HD photo with no restrictions on use..

Is the "Picture This" only bookable on ship..  I do not see any obvious links to it..

Here is an explanation on how families traveling in multiple staterooms will work:  https://support.ourcruisephotos.com/support/solutions/articles/30600-families-traveling-together-in-multiple-staterooms