Can you book excursions in the app?

29 minutes ago, CruiseMom82 said:

It seems like you should be able to reserve excursions in the app, but i cannot see any way to do this. Sorry if I am missing the obvious. 

I think you can only do that once you're actually on the ship. Before boarding, you'd need to book in the Cruise Planner.

I'm looking at my app right now.  On the page that shows you the ability to look at deck maps you will find several icons at the bottom of the screen, one of which is the "EXCURSIONS".  Tap on that and you go to a page that only shows you the location of the "SHORE EXCURSION DESK" on the ship.  So, I'd say, NO you can't use the app to purchase excursions, pre-cruise on the app.  BTW, I'm using and ANDROID phone.  Don't know if things are different on an eyephone 😉.  

Once excursions, dining and other activities populate in the app for a given cruise you can click on them individually and it shows you the details, as well as having a "Reserve Now" button. But that is greyed out until you get on the ship, so you can't use it until you're connected to the ship's wifi.

19 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Once excursions, dining and other activities populate in the app for a given cruise you can click on them individually and it shows you the details, as well as having a "Reserve Now" button. But that is greyed out until you get on the ship, so you can't use it until you're connected to the ship's wifi.

Our's also shows an 800-number you can call. Haven't tried it though to see if you can then reserve it.Screenshot_20220412-081914_Royal.thumb.jpg.bcbb1dcda22db722819d5c6be03de414.jpg

22 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Our's also shows an 800-number you can call. Haven't tried it though to see if you can then reserve it.Screenshot_20220412-081914_Royal.thumb.jpg.bcbb1dcda22db722819d5c6be03de414.jpg

13 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Oh, yes, you're right, mine shows a number too, although in my case it's not an 800 number since I'm not in the US. 

Screenshot_20220412-132653.thumb.png.633ab3c2e4c3df07013d792823501295.png

Are you guys/gals using android or iphone?  Sometimes it makes a difference.  Don't know why but it does.

44 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

Hummmmm, I wonder why I can't get to what you posted.  Not that it matters, really.

Android too.

Do you have an upcoming cruise that's close enough for excursions to have populated in the daily planner in the app? That's how you get to it. For example, I also have a cruise booked for September and nothing has populated yet so I can't get into the excursions on that one.

9 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Android too.

Do you have an upcoming cruise that's close enough for excursions to have populated in the daily planner in the app? That's how you get to it. For example, I also have a cruise booked for September and nothing has populated yet so I can get into the excursions on that one.

Yes, I cruise in 31 days and I've already purchased a couple shore excursions while on my laptop.