Heating Pads

So I have a bad back and my morning routine is 30 mins of heating pad then a series of stretches then a short walk/run. This gets me mobile for the day.

It seems they don’t allow heating pads but do allow things like CPAP machines.

If I brought a doctor’s note stating the heating pad is part of medical treatment (it is) would that get a heating pad aboard? Any other suggestions? 

Thanks for the answers.

25 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

So I have a bad back and my morning routine is 30 mins of heating pad then a series of stretches then a short walk/run. This gets me mobile for the day.

If I brought a doctor’s note stating the heating pad is part of medical treatment (it is) would that get a heating pad aboard? Any other suggestions? 

Thanks for the answers.

Never thought about those being “outlawed”! Clearly microwave headed ones would also not work since that would be a lot of effort to get them to warm it for you. Have you considered the Medicated X-Large patches for back pain? I know when my husband strained his back during out recent move these helped him. They stay on pretty well through a full day.  https://smile.amazon.com/Icy-Hot-Extra-Strength-Medicated/dp/B00J2L65YS/ref=sr_1_26?crid=36SQ3SRK6BE04&keywords=Back+pain+pads&qid=1648424837&sprefix=back+pain+pads%2Caps%2C83&sr=8-26

3 hours ago, Last Lion said:

Thanks for the answers.

As others have said, fill out the special needs request.  I have no idea if they'll accept a heating pad that way.  In general, things that generate heat are banned due to fire hazards.  They do allow certain types of hair dryers/straighteners because half their customers would start a fight if they didn't but believe me the ships would ban them if they could.  Some CPAPs are able to mildly warm up the water tank but they are much more like normal allowed electronic devices.