Rescheduling :-( We're suite, kids balcony, help?

Vincent

We have a June 22 Greek Isles aboard Odyssey that I'm rescheduling for 2023; too much uncertainty in Europe right now for us. My questions are if I can change to a future date, itinerary (Western Mediterranean, still out of Rome) and ship (Symphony), are there any penalties? I've only paid the deposit for both balcony rooms so far. And also given the extra time before we are going to sail, I'd like to upgrade my wife and mine room to a suite, but will keep the kids in a balcony. And if I purchase the Key for just the kids, other than concierge services, is there really any other things that our kids would not be entitled to that we would have as suite class?

47 minutes ago, Vincent said:

other than concierge services, is there really any other things that our kids would not be entitled to that we would have as suite class?

Technically, only those booked in the suite would be eligible for the Coastal Kitchen, the Suites Lounge or reserved seats for performances.  Would the Concierge deny the children access if you brought them in ?  Maybe yes, maybe no but if you plan to eat in the CK during the cruise, you would definitely be putting that option in jeopardy if your children aren’t in a suite, too.  The same applies for priority boarding and disembarkation.

14 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The same applies for priority boarding and disembarkation.

Thank you for the input! That's why I am questioning purchasing the Key for our kids. Wouldn't they then have the same priority boarding and disembarkation as us? And that would take care of internet for them too. My other thought would be to put them in a Junior suite, but don't know if I can really justify the difference in cost. Other than sleeping & getting ready, I'm thinking we'll be spending as much time off of the ship as possible, given the wonderful itinerary (Naples, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Provence, Florence/Pisa). We do our "relaxing" short Caribbean cruises during the winter months, so this ones going to be a go, go, go. 

And do you think I'll have any issues rescheduling? I booked online, so don't know if I should hand this off to a travel agent first or keep in control by calling RC.

If you booked more than 30 days ago you cannot hand off to a TA at this point.  Calling the Royal number and having their rep make the changes for you should be perfectly fine.  If your cruise covered by Cruise with Confidence then there should be no penalty…the change fee will be waived.  Good luck

50 minutes ago, Vincent said:

Wouldn't they then have the same priority boarding and disembarkation as us?

I've never purchased the Key so I'm not sure how that priority boarding/disembarkation works....but I suspect that you are correct....and regardless of whether Suites get priority over Key or not, you would still get some kind of priority boarding.

51 minutes ago, Vincent said:

My other thought would be to put them in a Junior suite

JS would get them suites boarding/disembarkation but would not guarantee that they would be able to get into the CK and it would definitely not allow them into the SL.

Have you considered a 2BR GS ?  That would give everyone the suites amenities.

I don't think you will have any trouble rebooking but I don't imagine that they will price protect you so you will have to pay whatever the prevailing rate will be for the 2023 sailing.

59 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Have you considered a 2BR GS ?  That would give everyone the suites amenities.

So June next year is the only month that works for all 4 of us. There are 5 dates available for this ship and itinerary, and there is not a single two bedroom suite to be found on any of the dates. In fact, it is slim pickings already for all suites. In comparison, trying to find a suite for a Greek Isles or Western Mediterranean-cruise this year is easier than for next year, unless they are holding back rooms, Which I don’t even know if that is something they do?

I like your idea of a junior suite, maybe even putting The kids and one and us in another. In fact there are only four left for one of the dates we are looking at next year. AND they are next to each other but are also right next to the stairs and elevator. Wondering if that would be an issue on symphony as it is a newer ship?