times available for my time dining

need2cruz

With getting rid of the vax only areas on ships, I anticipated that my time dining would offer earlier time slots.  I recently booked a cruise on Liberty for July and was looking at the my time dining times, but there is nothing available before 7pm.  I was hoping for 6pm.  The travel agent said she could switch us to the 5:30 main dining slot if we can't find our desired times .  Does anyone think 6pm will be available in my time closer to the sail date?  We are earlier eaters and my fear would be waiting so long that the only thing that is left is 8pm.

24 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

MTD slots were being pushed later and later even before Covid, I don't know if we will ever see MTD slots any earlier than 1 hour after the start of early dining.

Would you suggest possibly booking the 7pm dining spot as a place holder and continuing to link for earlier times, just in case?  I'm now thinking maybe 7pm might work.  But that might make seeing the shows hard.  Is changing to a different MTD spot fairly simple in the cruise planner?  or do you have to cancel and rebook?

12 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

Would you suggest possibly booking the 7pm dining spot as a place holder and continuing to link for earlier times, just in case?  I'm now thinking maybe 7pm might work.  But that might make seeing the shows hard.  Is changing to a different MTD spot fairly simple in the cruise planner?  or do you have to cancel and rebook?

If you booked 7, and wanted to change, you would have to cancel and rebook at whatever times were available at the moment.

On Allure last week, MTD did not open until 6:30 for a frame of reference.  

If you are worried about the shows, switching to early traditional dining may be the best, and less stressful option.