UDP question

At Matt's suggestion, we bought the UDP for our recent Harmony cruise. It was a tremendous value, and we loved the flexibility of lunches in some of the restaurants.

Does anyone know why you can't schedule all of your reservations prior to the cruise thru the app? Waiting until you get onboard was a pain, and you had to scramble to get reservations for the times and nights you wanted.

It didn't make sense to me...what am I missing?

People who purchase each meal individually on the Cruise Planner app are paying a higher price for the meals (versus having an unlimited package). They can reserve the meal time online when purchasing.

The UDP acts as a filler of sorts for times that were not reserved by those booking restaurants individually online. 

3 hours ago, Jim Bonaventura said:

At Matt's suggestion, we bought the UDP for our recent Harmony cruise. It was a tremendous value, and we loved the flexibility of lunches in some of the restaurants.

Does anyone know why you can't schedule all of your reservations prior to the cruise thru the app? Waiting until you get onboard was a pain, and you had to scramble to get reservations for the times and nights you wanted.

It didn't make sense to me...what am I missing?

It's a simple trade off.

Pay full price - make your reservations ahead and guarantee the time and place you want.

Pay less for a package - make your reservations on board with some chance you'll have to be flexible on time and place.