Current refund options

Snowchaser

This cruise was originally booked non-fundable for April 21 but then was L&S'ed to this coming April if that makes any difference.  The wife and I have been vaccinated (and have had covid) but we will not vaccinate our kids and we don't want to deal with extra protocols when there are so many other vacation options.  With the final payment coming due on March 25th for our April cruise it's looking like we are going to cancel so we are wondering if there is any avenue in which we can get our $1k deposit back or is a future cruise credit the only option?  We will wait right up until the final payment date to verify protocols but I'm not thinking a ton will change by then. 

At one point I read that you could be refunded for not be able to adhere current protocols but I'm not sure that is still a thing.  Just want to have my ducks in a row before getting Royal on the phone.

I’ve been waiting for the protocols to come out for cruises after April 14th for this same reason.  We had a group cruise which included 13 rooms and 31 people for April 18th which was originally booked in 2019 for 2020…then cancelled and rebooked to 2021…then L&S to 2022.  There are just 7 of us still planning to cruise and last week we moved the sail date to early April!  For those unable to cruise we are hoping that once the late April protocols are announced they will be able to request cash refunds or at least have their FCC expiration date extended into next year.   Reason I say this is because when I called the groups dept to cancel for them (I am the tour conductor for the group cruise) I was advised to wait for the protocols because there may be other options offered.  So we will see!