Newbie - Assistance on Internet pkgs

Jen W

I didn’t want to purchase internet, but with Teens on board is this the only way to connect with them? I read something about the RC app having a chat option, but not sure if the app requires internet OR if that’s included. 
What is the most affordable option if I do need internet - 2 devices? One for parents and one for teens 
Does the TV only stream or can we catch reg TV without internet? 
Thanks in advance 🙂 Newbie Cruiser 

10 hours ago, Jen W said:

I read something about the RC app having a chat option, but not sure if the app requires internet OR if that’s included. 

There is a chat option, but it costs $1.99 per person, per day.

10 hours ago, Jen W said:

What is the most affordable option if I do need internet - 2 devices? One for parents and one for teens

The chat option is likely cheaper, but a regular internet package gets you access to much more than just chat.

There is a chat option on RC that you don't need to purchase internet to use. However it is $1.99/day per person and even if you purchase the Voom internet for the parents, you'd still have to purchase the chat feature for them as well to communicate with the teens.

The way a 2 device internet package works is you'll create a single login and password and 2 devices will be allowed to be online at the same time. So once a third device tries to log in it will pop a message up asking if it's ok to knock off another device. So it may not work well for everyone to share only 2 devices because they would constantly have to log back in to check Facebook messages or Whatsapp or whatever messenger you are using on the wifi to stay in contact.

The TV does have a handful of channels you can watch without internet.