A Culinary Celebration at Chops and Giovani's

UkuleleCruiser

So, this Culinary celebration appeared as an option for our 12/26/16 sailing on Liberty. Has anyone had experience with these? They are charging quite a bit more, and it's not clear exactly how it's different from a regular Chops or Giovani's visit. Yes, you get champagne ( a glass), but do the "something extra" items come included? Why exactly is this worth more? I'm interested, and am a big fan of Chef's Table, but not sure how this is different...

So, this Culinary celebration appeared as an option for our 12/26/16 sailing on Liberty. Has anyone had experience with these? They are charging quite a bit more, and it's not clear exactly how it's different from a regular Chops or Giovani's visit. Yes, you get champagne ( a glass), but do the "something extra" items come included? Why exactly is this worth more? I'm interested, and am a big fan of Chef's Table, but not sure how this is different...

Never heard of it myself nor ever seen it posted here.

Matt, 

This is from the Chop's description. They actually list a menu, but it looks like the "something extra" is still... well, extra! I absolutely have no problem paying more for dry aged steak or lobster, but in looking at the $75 price tag per person it looks like it's JUST the Chop's experience, plus a glass of champagne. 

I tried calling customer service. They didn't know, and I didn't have time to wait on hold. If an answer doesn't appear here, I'll call back and see what I can find out.

It looks to me like it's just an upcharge because it's a "holiday date" and there isn't much different about the experience. I already have chops and chefs table booked. Not sure I need to spend this much money to duplicate those experiences on New Years Eve.

Interested in your take -- Maybe there's a whole bunch extra that I'm missing!

post-5670-0-33238200-1479327196_thumb.jpg

post-5670-0-83581700-1479327204_thumb.jpg