Covid PCR testing at Lauderdale (Port Everglades) to fly to Canada

Last Lion

On return to port in Ft. Lauderdale on March 6th, we are required to have a negative PCR test in order to fly to Canada that afternoon.

I have heard Royal offers this at the port for a fee. But I have also heard it is a sketchy setup.

Has anyone had experience with this? What is the cost? How fast did you get the result? Would you trust this method?

I don’t get why they won’t offer this service for a fee aboard the ship the day before disembarkation.

1 hour ago, Last Lion said:

Has anyone had experience with this? What is the cost? How fast did you get the result? Would you trust this method?

Royal Caribbean announced last month it would stop offering the tests onboard and instead provide a testing option at the terminal and/or nearby for an additional cost.

My understanding is you'd inquire about it once onboard.

1 hour ago, Last Lion said:

On return to port in Ft. Lauderdale on March 6th, we are required to have a negative PCR test in order to fly to Canada that afternoon.

I have heard Royal offers this at the port for a fee. But I have also heard it is a sketchy setup.

I don’t get why they won’t offer this service for a fee aboard the ship the day before disembarkation.

Here is RC about the testing. I’m still debating if I go or cancel on March 12. $210 US x 4 = mini vacation - UGH, hoping enough complain and they reinstate the free testing since Covid is still so fluid 

5FA1144C-43DA-4A9C-AAF7-6CCE217F3D44.png