booking two excursions in one day

Terri Smith Johnson

2 hours ago, Terri Smith said:

We will be in St Maarten from 8;00 am-6:00pm on our Oasis of the Seas cruise March 27-Oct 3rd.  Is it possible to do two excursions in one day?  I'm looking at the horseback riding (8-11:30) and the beach excursion (12:45-3:45).  We have an hour and 15 min in between.  Will this work?

Terri Smith

I have done two excursions in one day before. As long as you understand that if anything happens you may miss the second one, go for it. 

And welcome to the boards!

We did this in Rio de Janeiro and had about the same time between the two excursions as you will have.

One thing I would highly recommend is to get to the meeting point for your first excursion early so that if there is more than one group you will be in the first group out.

My family are hardened stragglers (they drive me nuts) and in Rio we ended up on the last of six buses for the first tour. Obviously that meant we were at the back of every line on every stop so by the time we got back to the ship at the end of the first tour our 75 minute cushion had been whittled down to 15. We literally only had time to run to the toilet and grab a ready-made sandwich from the WJ to chug down as we ran to make the second excursion.

To be fair, I think this is unlikely to happen to you but no harm in being prepared.